A good IDE

I know this is not a very tech question but as this forum is full of experienced C, C++ users, I would just like to ask which is the the most comfortable IDE for C, C++. Personally I have used Visual C from Microsoft and Source Insight (Source insight being more of a code navigator, rather than IDE) as per my opinion Source Insight is a very good tool for navigating and reading code, whereas Visual C IDE is a complete package.

Comments

• I personally like Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 alot. Its a very nice IDE, and freely available. I don't know if you have this particular IDE though.
    [hr][size=1][leftbr].:EvolutionEngine[rightbr][leftbr].:MicroOS Operating System[rightbr][leftbr][link=http://www.mt2002.sitesled.com]Website :: OS Development Series[rightbr][/link][/size]
  • : I know this is not a very tech question but as this forum is full of
    : experienced C, C++ users, I would just like to ask which is the the
    : most comfortable IDE for C, C++. Personally I have used Visual C
    : from Microsoft and Source Insight (Source insight being more of a
    : code navigator, rather than IDE) as per my opinion Source Insight is
    : a very good tool for navigating and reading code, whereas Visual C
    : IDE is a complete package.

I use Bloodshed's Dev-C++ and Visual Studio 2005 .net Professional. I like both but VS2005 is a bit slow at times. But makes it over all easier to develop programs for windows than that of the other IDE. Not that it's not doable, as it is, just not as simplified to get started.
    [hr]
    We'll be an army of theives
    Of self-freed slaves
    Of mild-mannered maids
    We'll fight with whispers and blades
    So get ready, a new day is dawning
    - The New Wild West -- Jewel
  • : I know this is not a very tech question but as this forum is full of
    : experienced C, C++ users, I would just like to ask which is the the
    : most comfortable IDE for C, C++. Personally I have used Visual C
    : from Microsoft and Source Insight (Source insight being more of a
    : code navigator, rather than IDE) as per my opinion Source Insight is
    : a very good tool for navigating and reading code, whereas Visual C
    : IDE is a complete package.

There is IMHO not a _best_ IDE. I personally like Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Express (free) edition and Borland Turbo C++ 2006, Borland C++ Builder 2006. But I personally love the C++ Builder 6 IDE.

I'd suggest to try out a new one once in a while. I personally can't wait until Anjuta or wxDevC++ (for Linux) has evolved to an IMHO equal to C++ Builder.

See ya, Bilderbikkel

bilderbikkel