game programming help

any body know where i can some good tutorials and some source code for first person shooter games because my next prject will be a rts/first person shooter game you will be able to switch between rts and first person shooter mode playing as the rts character currently selected when you go to first person shooter mode any help on writing code to do this switch too. Thanks for any help(again), jeffman

Comments

• : any body know where i can some good tutorials and some source code
    : for first person shooter games because my next prject will be a
    : rts/first person shooter game you will be able to switch between rts
    : and first person shooter mode playing as the rts character currently
    : selected when you go to first person shooter mode any help on
    : writing code to do this switch too. Thanks for any help(again),
    : jeffman

Have you tried searching for game programming?
  • yes ive tryed searching for game programming and cant find any good ones for visual basic .net 2005. i want to do xbox 360 programming with xna and c# also but i want to do windows programming with c# first. thanks for any help any body can give me again and sorry for making a follow up post after a lot of time but i need help. some of the sites people posted in previous posts didnt work but most did so i think them and i want to think the person who gave me the gamedev.net site but i knew about it along with gamestruta.com but i cant seem to get enough help and for right now i just want to make a stane alone rts or real time stragety game like build up your armies and resources and buildings and send your armies to attack and if i had downloadable source code i could modify i could learn fast and even faster with tutorials.

jeffman
    the planner

p.s. : iam an advanced intermiadte to beginner advanced regular visual basic . net 2005 programmer but i am not a advanced programming and do not have a degree but know some advanced visual basic .net procedues and fuctions but not all and i dont know any graphics functions besides size objects in a picture frame and loading my picture once in a vb 6.0 direct x 7 project

: : any body know where i can some good tutorials and some source code
    : : for first person shooter games because my next prject will be a
    : : rts/first person shooter game you will be able to switch between rts
    : : and first person shooter mode playing as the rts character currently
    : : selected when you go to first person shooter mode any help on
    : : writing code to do this switch too. Thanks for any help(again),
    : : jeffman
    :
    : Have you tried searching for game programming?
  • There are source code for games from ID (Quake, Wolfnestien, Doom, etc). Most games are developed using C and C++ as they are industry standard still.

In any case, looking for source code is not a good idea. I would be surprised if you even could find any tutorials for fps/rts games.

If you want to develop a 2d fps/rts; and have developed basic games before (Have some game dev experience); just use VB if you want. If you want 3d? Learn or write a 3d engine and/or an API for your game to use.

The problem is that we do not at all have any information of what the game is like (Besides an "fps/rts".)

It seems to me you are looking for step-by-step tutorials to use to develop your game with. Unfortunately, there is none for everything.

Decide on the basic structure of the game software, and what you want in it. Is it 2d or 3d? What APIs are you going to use? I dont know C#, so cannot help you in deciding this. I can give you a basic structure, but you are going to be needing to implement them yourself and decide for yourself.

Both gamasultra and gamedev.net already give you all of the information that you need. If you do not understand something there, then feel free to ask. If you dont know where to start, let us know.

Good luck :)

[hr][size=1][leftbr].:EvolutionEngine[rightbr][leftbr].:MicroOS Operating System[rightbr][leftbr][link=http://www.brokenthorn.com]Website :: OS Development Series[rightbr][/link][/size]