Comments

• : Have a good day
    :
    : What are the differences between built and make
    : i use c++6
    :
    : Thanks
    :

Well.. I am also not quite shore, but i think it means the following for embedded systems:

Build - Compile
    Make - Compile and create machine code (Hex file for most systems - binary data to program the embedded system)

I think for a windows environment it means the following:

Build - Compile for use on C++ 6
    Make - Compile and create file which can be used even when C++ 6 is not installed. In other words the program would be able to be run on other computer without c++ 6.

This does not mean its true, but thats how i see it.

loco

• Hi ..

here i am giving you some information as per my knowledge, u can check it with any one for correctness.

1. build and compile are not same
    2. build means building the code that means
    build = compile of code + linking
    3. once build is happend means u r code is ready for excecusion
    at last once the code is build means your .exe file
    4. make is the mechanism for compiling and building.

but the difference is :
    let you think five .c or .cpp files are there for a single project.
    so they all has to be compiled at a time,for that project.
    for suppose if u made any changes(if u make any changes u need to compile again, ok) to any file and compile total code(means total five files), then it will take somuch time to compile such a big code .
    In order to reduce such issues means time to compile, people has introduced the make file concept.
    if u run the make file it will first check all the files with the dates-time format, if it find any file is recently modified (comparing with date and time) then make file compiles only that file (because remaining are all ready compiled na) and afterwards it builds the code(means linking with other compiled files and libraries , etc).

so make file is for compile and build.

-regards
    mammu

: : Have a good day
    : :
    : : What are the differences between built and make
    : : i use c++6
    : : Thanks
    :
    : Well.. I am also not quite shore, but i think it means the following for embedded systems:
    :
    : Build - Compile
    : Make - Compile and create machine code (Hex file for most systems - binary data to program the embedded system)
    :
    : I think for a windows environment it means the following:
    :
    : Build - Compile for use on C++ 6
    : Make - Compile and create file which can be used even when C++ 6 is not installed. In other words the program would be able to be run on other computer without c++ 6.
    :
    : This does not mean its true, but thats how i see it.
    :
    : loco
    :
    :

• Thanks for your interest.

good working

: Hi ..
    :
    : here i am giving you some information as per my knowledge, u can check it with any one for correctness.
    :
    : 1. build and compile are not same
    : 2. build means building the code that means
    : build = compile of code + linking
    : 3. once build is happend means u r code is ready for excecusion
    : at last once the code is build means your .exe file
    : 4. make is the mechanism for compiling and building.
    :
    : but the difference is :
    : let you think five .c or .cpp files are there for a single project.
    : so they all has to be compiled at a time,for that project.
    : for suppose if u made any changes(if u make any changes u need to compile again, ok) to any file and compile total code(means total five files), then it will take somuch time to compile such a big code .
    : In order to reduce such issues means time to compile, people has introduced the make file concept.
    : if u run the make file it will first check all the files with the dates-time format, if it find any file is recently modified (comparing with date and time) then make file compiles only that file (because remaining are all ready compiled na) and afterwards it builds the code(means linking with other compiled files and libraries , etc).
    :
    : so make file is for compile and build.
    :
    : -regards
    : mammu
    :
    :
    : : : Have a good day
    : : :
    : : : What are the differences between built and make
    : : : i use c++6
    : : : Thanks
    : : Well.. I am also not quite shore, but i think it means the following for embedded systems:
    : : Build - Compile
    : : Make - Compile and create machine code (Hex file for most systems - binary data to program the embedded system)
    : : I think for a windows environment it means the following:
    : : Build - Compile for use on C++ 6
    : : Make - Compile and create file which can be used even when C++ 6 is not installed. In other words the program would be able to be run on other computer without c++ 6.
    : : This does not mean its true, but thats how i see it.
    : : loco
    :
    :