I am looking for a powerful open source software in C/C++

Hi

Do you know of any powerful open source software which I can use to develop a webpage and GUI designs? I also want to be able to do some database programming on the software. The software has to be prefarably be in C/C++.

Loco

Comments

• : Hi
    :
    : Do you know of any powerful open source software which I can use to develop a webpage and GUI designs? I also want to be able to do some database programming on the software. The software has to be prefarably be in C/C++.
    :
    : Loco
    :

Borland Builder or Visual Studio are the only ones I know of. They have free versions but not open source.

• : : Hi
    : :
    : : Do you know of any powerful open source software which I can use to develop a webpage and GUI designs? I also want to be able to do some database programming on the software. The software has to be prefarably be in C/C++.
    : : Loco
    :
    :
    : Borland Builder or Visual Studio are the only ones I know of. They have free versions but not open source.
    :
    :

[blue]
    What is the difference between free version and open source? What I need to know if I want develop a product and have the freedom to sell it, which one should I go for?, free version or open source?

loco
    [/blue]
  • : : : Hi
    : : :
    : : : Do you know of any powerful open source software which I can use to develop a webpage and GUI designs? I also want to be able to do some database programming on the software. The software has to be prefarably be in C/C++.
    : : : Loco
    : : Borland Builder or Visual Studio are the only ones I know of. They have free versions but not open source.
    :
    : [blue]
    : What is the difference between free version and open source? What I need to know if I want develop a product and have the freedom to sell it, which one should I go for?, free version or open source?
    :
    : loco
    : [/blue]
    :

Free program = the executable and files needed to run are free.

Open source = you provide the source code for the program. Like they do with all GNU programs for example. People can then modify it and make their own version of the program.

• : Hi
    :
    : Do you know of any powerful open source software which I can use to develop a webpage and GUI designs? I also want to be able to do some database programming on the software. The software has to be prefarably be in C/C++.
    :
    You might want to check Code::Blocks.
    See ya,
    bilderbikkel