nested funcion in c/c++

Recently in a interview i was asked if c/c++ supports nested functions & If "no" why. I searched the internet to get a very confusing picture. I wlll be highly obliged if you let me know if it supports or not & if no what is the reason.

regards
ulka

Comments

• : Recently in a interview i was asked if c/c++ supports nested functions & If "no" why. I searched the internet to get a very confusing picture. I wlll be highly obliged if you let me know if it supports or not & if no what is the reason.
    :
    : regards
    : ulka
    :

c and c++ do not support nested functions because the standards say so. But there is nothing wrong with nested function calls
  • [b][red]This message was edited by gautam at 2007-1-29 22:18:59[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Recently in a interview i was asked if c/c++ supports nested functions & If "no" why. I searched the internet to get a very confusing picture. I wlll be highly obliged if you let me know if it supports or not & if no what is the reason.
    : :
    : : regards
    : : ulka
    : :
    :
    : c and c++ do not support nested functions because the standards say so. But there is nothing wrong with nested function calls
    :

Strict Ansi C does not support nested functions probably because the function would be only within the scope of the actual function.