Need Help With Windows Shell Programming

Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to do something like output a word every x seconds of time. Also, is it possible while in a for loop and running a program with a lot of input, how would I automatically input a word when it requests for a user to type something in. Thanks.

Comments

• [blue]Just what is "Windows shell programming"..? [/blue]

: Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to do something like output a word every x seconds of time.

[blue]Yes it is possible either with a timer like WM_TIMER or with multi-threading + the Sleep() function.[/blue]

: Also, is it possible while in a for loop and running a program with a lot of input, how would I automatically input a word when it requests for a user to type something in. Thanks.

[blue]I don't understand what you mean. Do you want to take the input from somewhere else instead of the user (for example from a file)?
    Or do you want something that types instead of the user, like somekind of macro?
    [/blue]
  • I think the macro is sort of like it. I want to know how to automate the input based on results of the console. Let say you have program a that runs and outputs 'a'. I need some sort of script that checks to see the last input, which is a, and input(simulate by feeding from any source) b if it is a, or a if it is not. Thanks for replying.

: [blue]Just what is "Windows shell programming"..? [/blue]
    :
    : : Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to do something like output a word every x seconds of time.
    :
    : [blue]Yes it is possible either with a timer like WM_TIMER or with multi-threading + the Sleep() function.[/blue]
    :
    : : Also, is it possible while in a for loop and running a program with a lot of input, how would I automatically input a word when it requests for a user to type something in. Thanks.
    :
    : [blue]I don't understand what you mean. Do you want to take the input from somewhere else instead of the user (for example from a file)?
    : Or do you want something that types instead of the user, like somekind of macro?
    : [/blue]
    :

• : I think the macro is sort of like it. I want to know how to automate the input based on results of the console. Let say you have program a that runs and outputs 'a'. I need some sort of script that checks to see the last input, which is a, and input(simulate by feeding from any source) b if it is a, or a if it is not. Thanks for replying.
    :

Check out ReadConsoleOutput() in the Win32 help.