AI is to smart

I am trying a pong clone for my first game. My question is how do you make your AI a little dumber so it misses every now and then? It is not much fun if you can't win.

Thanks.

Comments

• : I am trying a pong clone for my first game. My question is how do you make your AI a little dumber so it misses every now and then? It is not much fun if you can't win.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :

Give it the same oportunities as a human.

I've made a pong game on my website:
    www.ns-dos.tk

If you go into options I think it's possible to change how fast it's going to react.
    (even if it seems impossible it's possible to fool my ai player...)
  • when you make a game you split a second in frames, usualy 15-25 frame/sec. Im each frame you update the scene and int his cicle usualy the game runs th ai functions and the ai has a reaction time smaller then
    1/15 sec. Try to make the ai have a larger reaction time , put a condition in the ai metod tha make the function return without doing nothing 10 frames . I hope you enderstend my ideea, my enlish is bad.
    P.S. of course you can make other changes, but it depens of you game and ai tipe. the main ideea is to give the computer the same chances like the human, ...if you have problems you can contact me/
    simion314

• : I am trying a pong clone for my first game. My question is how do you make your AI a little dumber so it misses every now and then? It is not much fun if you can't win.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :

Thanks guys,
    That was just what I needed. Works good now.