Intel dual core 2 CPU

Hi guys, I'm a new member here and would like to know if the intel dual core 2 CPU has alot of changes compared to the pentium 4 CPU in terms of assembly language operations (i.e more and/or different registers, operands, etc..).

Also what's a great book I can go out and order myself to learn assembly language for either the P4 or intel dual core CPU. I studied computer programming in college but that was almost ten years ago and was mainly business programming but I did have an introduction course to assembly language.

Right now I'm studying electronics in school and so I would like to link my hardware knowledge with my software knowledge using assembly language.

Any response would be appreciated,

Thanks

Claudio

Comments

• : Hi guys, I'm a new member here and would like to know if the intel dual core 2 CPU has alot of changes compared to the pentium 4 CPU in terms of assembly language operations (i.e more and/or different registers, operands, etc..).
    :
    : Also what's a great book I can go out and order myself to learn assembly language for either the P4 or intel dual core CPU. I studied computer programming in college but that was almost ten years ago and was mainly business programming but I did have an introduction course to assembly language.
    :
    : Right now I'm studying electronics in school and so I would like to link my hardware knowledge with my software knowledge using assembly language.
    :
    : Any response would be appreciated,
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    : Claudio
    :
    [blue]I am pretty sure, that most of the programs created for P4 will be successfully running on dual core, so dual core has all that which P4 has (probably more) - the difference is that multithreaded code will run faster on dual core than on P4 - that is all.[/blue]