Task Manager End task

Hi,

I have developed an application using D7 that monitors time used on the computer.

When a user uses Windows Task Manager to close my application while my application is in the running state (i.e. the status is not "Not responding"; it is still "Running") does Windows send a message to my application that I can respond to and possibly cancel the close command.

Also when I kill Explorer using Task Manager or Explorer crashes and restarts my application tray icon is not restored on the system tray. How should I go about restoring my application icon on the system tray when the Task bar is restored?

I will be glad to have some information on these issues.

Thank you

Comments

• : Hi,
    :
    : I have developed an application using D7 that monitors time used on the computer.
    :
    : When a user uses Windows Task Manager to close my application while my application is in the running state (i.e. the status is not "Not responding"; it is still "Running") does Windows send a message to my application that I can respond to and possibly cancel the close command.
    :
    : Also when I kill Explorer using Task Manager or Explorer crashes and restarts my application tray icon is not restored on the system tray. How should I go about restoring my application icon on the system tray when the Task bar is restored?
    :
    : I will be glad to have some information on these issues.
    :
    : Thank you
    :
    :
    You could try to use a timer, which refreshes the System Tray icon once every so often, say once every 5 minutes. This might correctly show the icon again.