other computer

how can i shut down other computer on network from delphi

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2006-9-25 9:14:43[/red][/b][hr]
    : how can i shut down other computer on network from delphi
    :
    [b][red][size=5]BEWARE: MAJOR SECURITY BREACH[/size][/red][/b]

You can write a host, which listens on a certain port. When the correct command is given, that host could use a WH_JOURNALPLAYBACK hook to simulate a series of key presses, which shut down the computer. For english windows xp these keys are: windows-key, u, enter. Other languages have other key-combos.

• : [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2006-9-25 9:14:43[/red][/b][hr]
    : : how can i shut down other computer on network from delphi
    : :
    : [b][red][size=5]BEWARE: MAJOR SECURITY BREACH[/size][/red][/b]
    :
    : You can write a host, which listens on a certain port. When the correct command is given, that host could use a WH_JOURNALPLAYBACK hook to simulate a series of key presses, which shut down the computer. For english windows xp these keys are: windows-key, u, enter. Other languages have other key-combos.
    :
    :
    What about ExitWindowsEx?
  • : : [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2006-9-25 9:14:43[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : how can i shut down other computer on network from delphi
    : : :
    : : [b][red][size=5]BEWARE: MAJOR SECURITY BREACH[/size][/red][/b]
    : : You can write a host, which listens on a certain port. When the correct command is given, that host could use a WH_JOURNALPLAYBACK hook to simulate a series of key presses, which shut down the computer. For english windows xp these keys are: windows-key, u, enter. Other languages have other key-combos.
    : What about ExitWindowsEx?
    :
    You're correct. But you still need a host program to run that command, since it only works locally.