Open & Save Dialogs

Hello all,

Does anyone know of an open dialog that allows for the use of custom buttons?

What I need is to be able to replace the TButton with a button I created. I have looked through the Dialogs.pas file for some clues but wasn't able to come up with anything. I suppose I can make my own using the Shell controls but if there is something out there already I would rather not reinvent the wheel.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

James

Comments

• : Hello all,
    :
    : Does anyone know of an open dialog that allows for the use of custom buttons?
    :
    : What I need is to be able to replace the TButton with a button I created. I have looked through the Dialogs.pas file for some clues but wasn't able to come up with anything. I suppose I can make my own using the Shell controls but if there is something out there already I would rather not reinvent the wheel.
    :
    : Any ideas?
    :
    : Thanks,
    :
    : James
    :
    :
    The standard open/save boxes are created from a standard windows library. You cannot change them using the Delphi components. It is possible to create an open dialog box, using the exported library functions, and then remove/add objects from it using the windows API. Although it is much easier to reinvent the wheel in this case. Delphi has several older components (TDriveComboBox, TDirectoryListBox, etc.) which are very handy for this.
  • : : Hello all,
    : :
    : : Does anyone know of an open dialog that allows for the use of custom buttons?
    : : What I need is to be able to replace the TButton with a button I created. I have looked through the Dialogs.pas file for some clues but wasn't able to come up with anything. I suppose I can make my own using the Shell controls but if there is something out there already I would rather not reinvent the wheel.
    : : Any ideas?
    : : Thanks,
    : : James
    : The standard open/save boxes are created from a standard windows library. You cannot change them using the Delphi components. It is possible to create an open dialog box, using the exported library functions, and then remove/add objects from it using the windows API. Although it is much easier to reinvent the wheel in this case. Delphi has several older components (TDriveComboBox, TDirectoryListBox, etc.) which are very handy for this.
    :

Well thanks zibadian. I was thinking that if it could be done it probably would have already. If anyone out there has started a project along these lines, send me a message and lets talk.

Thanks

James