Flicker with C++ 6.0

Hi All,

I do a lot of graphics and all worked well with C++ Builder 5.0, but when I upgraded to C++ Builder 6.0, the same code causes an unacceptable flicker with my graphics. I was forced to drop back to 5.0, any ideas how to fix 6.0?

Thanks, Dwight

Comments

• : I do a lot of graphics and all worked well with C++ Builder 5.0, but when I upgraded to C++ Builder 6.0, the same code causes an unacceptable flicker with my graphics. I was forced to drop back to 5.0, any ideas how to fix 6.0?
    It is perfectly possible in Builder 6 to have no flicker using double-buffering: make all TImages invisisible, Draw all stuff to a TImage serving as a buffer, then Draw to the TCanvas of TForm. In some cases (for pixelmanipulation) you must sometimes use a TPaintBox.

Which methods and Components do you use?
    See ya,
    bilderbikkel

• : : I do a lot of graphics and all worked well with C++ Builder 5.0, but when I upgraded to C++ Builder 6.0, the same code causes an unacceptable flicker with my graphics. I was forced to drop back to 5.0, any ideas how to fix 6.0?
    : It is perfectly possible in Builder 6 to have no flicker using double-buffering: make all TImages invisisible, Draw all stuff to a TImage serving as a buffer, then Draw to the TCanvas of TForm. In some cases (for pixelmanipulation) you must sometimes use a TPaintBox.
    :
    : Which methods and Components do you use?
    : See ya,
    : bilderbikkel
    :
    :
    I usually drop a TImage on a form and draw on it as needed. A simple thing as a bounding box being drawn on TImage in Builder 6 will cause the screen to flicker, but the same code in Builder 5 does not. Doesn't figure.
    Dwight
  • : I usually drop a TImage on a form and draw on it as needed. A simple thing as a bounding box being drawn on TImage in Builder 6 will cause the screen to flicker, but the same code in Builder 5 does not. Doesn't figure.

Again, is the TImage visible? If yes, it will indeed flicker, so use double-buffering instead. I no, could you show the code?

See ya,
    bilderbikkel

• you are right about difference between bcb5 and 6 .. it caught me out when i first tried bcb6

delphi 5,6 also had the same problem.

you have a few choices.

A .. set image stretch true.
    b .. do the patch to bcb6 to revert to flicker free old behavior
    c .. overide the image properties in the program to reflect old
    behavior

the following link will provide you with the info to do the patch and also explains the behavior problem
    http://www.nsonic.de/Delphi/txt_WIS00517.htm