Backup

Hi
I create a prg in vb6.0 with backend access. I want to backup the database regularly when vb prg running.
Thanks.

Comments

• : Hi
    : I create a prg in vb6.0 with backend access. I want to backup the database regularly when vb prg running.
    : Thanks.
    :
    :
    :
    Hi,
    what king of backup do you need? Copy of mdb file?
    Copying file (Copy SrcFile, DstFile) is not working? In this case, you may have to close all connections to that ms access file during backuping..

[blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]

[purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]

• Hi,
    Thanks for ur reply. I got the idea. and it is working good. thankyou.
    and how can i export Access table to Excel by coding from VB.

: : Hi
    : : I create a prg in vb6.0 with backend access. I want to backup the database regularly when vb prg running.
    : : Thanks.
    : :
    : Hi,
    : what king of backup do you need? Copy of mdb file?
    : Copying file (Copy SrcFile, DstFile) is not working? In this case, you may have to close all connections to that ms access file during backuping..
    :
    : [blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]
    :
    : [purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]
    :
    :
    :

• : Hi,
    : Thanks for ur reply. I got the idea. and it is working good. thankyou.
    : and how can i export Access table to Excel by coding from VB.
    :
    :
    :
    : : : Hi
    : : : I create a prg in vb6.0 with backend access. I want to backup the database regularly when vb prg running.
    : : : Thanks.
    : : :
    : : Hi,
    : : what king of backup do you need? Copy of mdb file?
    : : Copying file (Copy SrcFile, DstFile) is not working? In this case, you may have to close all connections to that ms access file during backuping..
    : : [blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]
    : : [purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]
    :
    :
    Hi,
    if you have MS Access reference in you application, you can use
    [code]
    DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "tab", "c:export.xls"[/code]where "tab" is table name..

If you don't have that reference, add reference to the MS Excel object, select all data from your table and export it to MS Excell app manually..

[blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]

[purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]