Uninstalling with the packaging and deployment wizard

I have a program that I packaged with the wizard for deployment. But I want to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one. Is there a way to do this? I'm using VB6 with XP Pro.

Comments

• : I have a program that I packaged with the wizard for deployment. But I want to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one. Is there a way to do this? I'm using VB6 with XP Pro.
    :
    :

You should be able to go into Control Panel->Add Remove Programs to manually remove something installed by the Package and Deployment tool.

• : : I have a program that I packaged with the wizard for deployment. But I want to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one. Is there a way to do this? I'm using VB6 with XP Pro.
    : :
    :
    : You should be able to go into Control Panel->Add Remove Programs to manually remove something installed by the Package and Deployment tool.
    :
    :
    Sorry, I wasn't really clear enough. When I run the setup from the deployment wizard I want it to look and see if there is a previous version already on the computer and uninstall it before installing the new version.
  • I think you might need a program like InstallShield-X to do anything more sophisticated.

: : : I have a program that I packaged with the wizard for deployment. But I want to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one. Is there a way to do this? I'm using VB6 with XP Pro.
    : : :
    : : :
    : : You should be able to go into Control Panel->Add Remove Programs to manually remove something installed by the Package and Deployment tool.
    : Sorry, I wasn't really clear enough. When I run the setup from the deployment wizard I want it to look and see if there is a previous version already on the computer and uninstall it before installing the new version.
    :