Command-line switch

How do I give C++ Builder a "Command-line switch" command? i.e. Command-line switch = -P.

Dwight

Comments

• : How do I give C++ Builder a "Command-line switch" command? i.e. Command-line switch = -P.

You can create a Console applications, then you get a traditional main function.

But I think you want to access these from a VCL (or CLX) Application. Then I believe this is not possible. If you look at 'Project1.cpp' you see the WinMain function:
    [code]
    WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE, HINSTANCE, LPSTR, int)
    [/code]

I do not know how to extract command line arguments from it.

There are plenty of alternatives for defining conditionals. You could add defines to 'Project | Options | Directories/Conditionals | Conditional Defines'. This is pretty common (you already see _NDEBUG there).

Hope to have helped you,

bilderbikkel

• : : How do I give C++ Builder a "Command-line switch" command? i.e. Command-line switch = -P.
    :
    : You can create a Console applications, then you get a traditional main function.
    :
    : But I think you want to access these from a VCL (or CLX) Application. Then I believe this is not possible. If you look at 'Project1.cpp' you see the WinMain function:
    : [code]
    : WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE, HINSTANCE, LPSTR, int)
    : [/code]
    :
    : I do not know how to extract command line arguments from it.
    :
    : There are plenty of alternatives for defining conditionals. You could add defines to 'Project | Options | Directories/Conditionals | Conditional Defines'. This is pretty common (you already see _NDEBUG there).
    :
    : Hope to have helped you,
    :
    : bilderbikkel
    :
    :
    I was looking for a way to add C routines to a project and have C++ Builder compile them. I found that by putting "-P" in the "Run Parameters" dialog found under "Run", all works fine.

Thanks, Dwight