PNG File compression

hi all
coz i can't find any j2me messageboard here... so i write in this messageboard.

i write a j2me application that should write a PNG file. but the problem is i don't understand what i must write in IDAT chunk, i read from many source that, IDAT contain the compressed data, if it's right than how i can compress that data ? Can j2me use PNG zlib ? or libpng ?

could u guys help me please ?
thanx b4...

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2006-5-25 23:47:3[/red][/b][hr]
    : hi all
    : coz i can't find any j2me messageboard here... so i write in this messageboard.
    :
    : i write a j2me application that should write a PNG file. but the problem is i don't understand what i must write in IDAT chunk, i read from many source that, IDAT contain the compressed data, if it's right than how i can compress that data ? Can j2me use PNG zlib ? or libpng ?
    :
    : could u guys help me please ?
    : thanx b4...
    :
    My guess would be the lib[b]png[/b], but that might be too easy. You might also find info on the internet about the png compression, especially this is helpful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Png

• : [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2006-5-25 23:47:3[/red][/b][hr]
    : : hi all
    : : coz i can't find any j2me messageboard here... so i write in this messageboard.
    : :
    : : i write a j2me application that should write a PNG file. but the problem is i don't understand what i must write in IDAT chunk, i read from many source that, IDAT contain the compressed data, if it's right than how i can compress that data ? Can j2me use PNG zlib ? or libpng ?
    : : could u guys help me please ?
    : : thanx b4...
    : My guess would be the lib[b]png[/b], but that might be too easy. You might also find info on the internet about the png compression, especially this is helpful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Png
    :
    :
    :
    thanx for your answer...
    i've read the wikipedia about PNG and still i have the same problem. Yes in wikipedia write about the compression, they using ZLIB that contain LZ77 algorithm and huffman code. the problem is i don't know the implementation of both algorithm in PNG using J2ME. can you help me again ? heheheh thanx b4...
  • : : [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2006-5-25 23:47:3[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : hi all
    : : : coz i can't find any j2me messageboard here... so i write in this messageboard.
    : : :
    : : : i write a j2me application that should write a PNG file. but the problem is i don't understand what i must write in IDAT chunk, i read from many source that, IDAT contain the compressed data, if it's right than how i can compress that data ? Can j2me use PNG zlib ? or libpng ?
    : : : could u guys help me please ?
    : : : thanx b4...
    : : My guess would be the lib[b]png[/b], but that might be too easy. You might also find info on the internet about the png compression, especially this is helpful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Png
    : thanx for your answer...
    : i've read the wikipedia about PNG and still i have the same problem. Yes in wikipedia write about the compression, they using ZLIB that contain LZ77 algorithm and huffman code. the problem is i don't know the implementation of both algorithm in PNG using J2ME. can you help me again ? heheheh thanx b4...
    :
    PNG file-format is natively supported by the java class javax.imageio.ImageIO. The write() method can write png-files if you specify the imageformat parameter as "png".
  • : : : [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2006-5-25 23:47:3[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : hi all
    : : : : coz i can't find any j2me messageboard here... so i write in this messageboard.
    : : : :
    : : : : i write a j2me application that should write a PNG file. but the problem is i don't understand what i must write in IDAT chunk, i read from many source that, IDAT contain the compressed data, if it's right than how i can compress that data ? Can j2me use PNG zlib ? or libpng ?
    : : : : could u guys help me please ?
    : : : : thanx b4...
    : : : My guess would be the lib[b]png[/b], but that might be too easy. You might also find info on the internet about the png compression, especially this is helpful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Png
    : : thanx for your answer...
    : : i've read the wikipedia about PNG and still i have the same problem. Yes in wikipedia write about the compression, they using ZLIB that contain LZ77 algorithm and huffman code. the problem is i don't know the implementation of both algorithm in PNG using J2ME. can you help me again ? heheheh thanx b4...
    : PNG file-format is natively supported by the java class javax.imageio.ImageIO. The write() method can write png-files if you specify the imageformat parameter as "png".
    :
    oow is just simple as that ?hahahaha hm... is javax.imageio.imageIO is supported in J2ME ? or just JAva SE ?
  • : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2006-5-25 23:47:3[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : hi all
    : : : : : coz i can't find any j2me messageboard here... so i write in this messageboard.
    : : : : :
    : : : : : i write a j2me application that should write a PNG file. but the problem is i don't understand what i must write in IDAT chunk, i read from many source that, IDAT contain the compressed data, if it's right than how i can compress that data ? Can j2me use PNG zlib ? or libpng ?
    : : : : : could u guys help me please ?
    : : : : : thanx b4...
    : : : : My guess would be the lib[b]png[/b], but that might be too easy. You might also find info on the internet about the png compression, especially this is helpful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Png
    : : : thanx for your answer...
    : : : i've read the wikipedia about PNG and still i have the same problem. Yes in wikipedia write about the compression, they using ZLIB that contain LZ77 algorithm and huffman code. the problem is i don't know the implementation of both algorithm in PNG using J2ME. can you help me again ? heheheh thanx b4...
    : : PNG file-format is natively supported by the java class javax.imageio.ImageIO. The write() method can write png-files if you specify the imageformat parameter as "png".
    : oow is just simple as that ?hahahaha hm... is javax.imageio.imageIO is supported in J2ME ? or just JAva SE ?
    :
    I don't know. There are several ways of finding out:
    - trial and error
    - Books
    - Sun's java site
  • : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2006-5-25 23:47:3[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : hi all
    : : : : : : coz i can't find any j2me messageboard here... so i write in this messageboard.
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : : i write a j2me application that should write a PNG file. but the problem is i don't understand what i must write in IDAT chunk, i read from many source that, IDAT contain the compressed data, if it's right than how i can compress that data ? Can j2me use PNG zlib ? or libpng ?
    : : : : : : could u guys help me please ?
    : : : : : : thanx b4...
    : : : : : My guess would be the lib[b]png[/b], but that might be too easy. You might also find info on the internet about the png compression, especially this is helpful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Png
    : : : : thanx for your answer...
    : : : : i've read the wikipedia about PNG and still i have the same problem. Yes in wikipedia write about the compression, they using ZLIB that contain LZ77 algorithm and huffman code. the problem is i don't know the implementation of both algorithm in PNG using J2ME. can you help me again ? heheheh thanx b4...
    : : : PNG file-format is natively supported by the java class javax.imageio.ImageIO. The write() method can write png-files if you specify the imageformat parameter as "png".
    : : oow is just simple as that ?hahahaha hm... is javax.imageio.imageIO is supported in J2ME ? or just JAva SE ?
    : I don't know. There are several ways of finding out:
    : - trial and error
    : - Books
    : - Sun's java site
    :

• : : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2006-5-25 23:47:3[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : hi all
    : : : : : : : coz i can't find any j2me messageboard here... so i write in this messageboard.
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : i write a j2me application that should write a PNG file. but the problem is i don't understand what i must write in IDAT chunk, i read from many source that, IDAT contain the compressed data, if it's right than how i can compress that data ? Can j2me use PNG zlib ? or libpng ?
    : : : : : : : could u guys help me please ?
    : : : : : : : thanx b4...
    : : : : : : My guess would be the lib[b]png[/b], but that might be too easy. You might also find info on the internet about the png compression, especially this is helpful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Png
    : : : : : thanx for your answer...
    : : : : : i've read the wikipedia about PNG and still i have the same problem. Yes in wikipedia write about the compression, they using ZLIB that contain LZ77 algorithm and huffman code. the problem is i don't know the implementation of both algorithm in PNG using J2ME. can you help me again ? heheheh thanx b4...
    : : : : PNG file-format is natively supported by the java class javax.imageio.ImageIO. The write() method can write png-files if you specify the imageformat parameter as "png".
    : : : oow is just simple as that ?hahahaha hm... is javax.imageio.imageIO is supported in J2ME ? or just JAva SE ?
    : : I don't know. There are several ways of finding out:
    : : - trial and error
    : : - Books
    : : - Sun's java site
    :
    :
    oh oke thanx.