What was your first game made in C++ BuilderX?

I've been learning C++ for a week now in my lunch breaks and I've already started to program my first game in C++ BuilderX, it's a Poker game. Nothing graphical though.

I only seem to be able to program code to be run as an exe file, which is run on that black screen. Please, please tell me how I can atleast include pictures of the cards, given that I have bitmap images of them.

Comments

• : I've been learning C++ for a week now in my lunch breaks and I've already started to program my first game in C++ BuilderX, it's a Poker game. Nothing graphical though.
    :
    : I only seem to be able to program code to be run as an exe file, which is run on that black screen. Please, please tell me how I can atleast include pictures of the cards, given that I have bitmap images of them.
    :
    You can download an example game at e.g.:
    http://www.codeproject.com/samples/XMineSweeper.asp
    Search Google on 'Windows programming' 'Win32 API programming' 'MFC programming' for more examples.
    Search MSDN for 'Bitmap'.
    Perhaps you could try to post on the Win32 API board, as this is not such a C++ BuilderX specific question.

Hope to have helped you,

bilderbikkel

• I'm getting pretty good at general C++ now, but I want to know how bitmap images are displayed during execution of code.

I want to start with normal still images, for example in a poker game, you could have 5 images on display all the time, the question I'm asking here is simply how can I get these images to display or load onto the screen? (Most likely within the exe file, which the code executes to) I've done this with VB in Excel with the updating cells method. What's the syntax for this in C++?

Someone please get me started on this, thanks.
  • try this link.....it'll give u a clear idea of how to open a bitmap file at runtime nd display it on screen.......

http://www.brackeen.com/home/vga/
  • This looks a little more hopeful! Thank you!