BDE - how to use Memo field

is there any data type to use text more than 255 letters ? (like in mysql text and similars ) or can how to use memo field in BDE to store data? i tried to insert data in Memo but i couldnt , it is BLOB type field. how to manipulate BLOB type ?
thanks

Comments

• : is there any data type to use text more than 255 letters ? (like in mysql text and similars ) or can how to use memo field in BDE to store data? i tried to insert data in Memo but i couldnt , it is BLOB type field. how to manipulate BLOB type ?

Sure, the AnsiString (typedef-ed as 'String') can store virtually any number of letters (see www.codepedia.com/1/CppAnsiString).

Instead of using a TMemo, prefer a TRichEdit: The first can hold less data. I do not know if you have this choice in BDE.

Hope to be of any help,
    bilderbikkel

• : : is there any data type to use text more than 255 letters ? (like in mysql text and similars ) or can how to use memo field in BDE to store data? i tried to insert data in Memo but i couldnt , it is BLOB type field. how to manipulate BLOB type ?
    :
    : Sure, the AnsiString (typedef-ed as 'String') can store virtually any number of letters (see www.codepedia.com/1/CppAnsiString).
    :
    : Instead of using a TMemo, prefer a TRichEdit: The first can hold less data. I do not know if you have this choice in BDE.
    :
    : Hope to be of any help,
    : bilderbikkel
    :
    :

Well i am not manipulating general strings. in BDE what type of field should i use to store strings more than 255 ? i tried Memo and retriving through DBMemo but didnt work :(