Need to Kill Excel object when IE browser is closed

[b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2006-4-21 11:32:48[/red][/b][hr]
[b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2006-4-21 11:32:6[/red][/b][hr]
We are running ASP Application that created Excel object to manipulate data. We figured out that in case some problem(s) occure (browser closed by mistake or something else) Excel object stock in the memory and that cause some other problems. So I need to kill Excel object in case IE Browser closed by mistake or because of some other stupid Errors. Does somebody have any idea how to do that? Tried to use window.onclose event but could come up with something useful.

Comments

• : We are running ASP Application that created Excel object to manipulate data. We figured out that in case some problem(s) occure (browser closed by mistake or something else) Excel object stock in the memory and that cause some other problems. So I need to kill Excel object in case IE Browser closed by mistake or because of some other stupid Errors. Does somebody have any idea how to do that? Tried to use window.onclose event but could come up with something useful.

Is the object stored in the session? Can you have some kind of timeout process?

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• :
    : Is the object stored in the session? Can you have some kind of timeout process?
    :
    :
    No it is not. It's actually created by dll not asp. I build some code on dll site to kill Excel in case some runtime Errors occure but closing browser is not real Error ...

• : :
    : : Is the object stored in the session? Can you have some kind of timeout process?
    : :
    : :
    : No it is not. It's actually created by dll not asp. I build some code on dll site to kill Excel in case some runtime Errors occure but closing browser is not real Error ...

Only thing I can think of is to have the DLL function kill Excel at the end of every call that accesses it.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• : : :
    : : : Is the object stored in the session? Can you have some kind of timeout process?
    : : :
    : : :
    : : No it is not. It's actually created by dll not asp. I build some code on dll site to kill Excel in case some runtime Errors occure but closing browser is not real Error ...
    :
    : Only thing I can think of is to have the DLL function kill Excel at the end of every call that accesses it.
    :
    :
    That's what I am trying to do now ... hate it