code to close a window..

Hi

Initially,the user is not permitted to close his/her window.
can anyone plz tell me some way to allow the user to close the window..ie,in some
event,i should make the user to close the window by asking a confirmation message
"Do u want to exit?yes,No"...Can anybody plz suggest some idea about the event in
which i can handle this.
can anyone plz help me with the javascript or asp.net code to close the window too..

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated..
Thanks in advance..

Regards
blob

Comments

• In the onlick event of a button ...

[code]

window.onload = function(){
    var myCloseBtn = document.getElementById('myCloseBtn');

if(myCloseBtn)
    myCloseBtn.onclick = function(){
    if(window.confirm('Are you sure?'))
    window.close();
    }
    }

[/code]

This entails your close button has an id of 'myCloseBtn'. Also, place this code near the top of your page, maybe under the BODY tag.

Also, I always use the unobstrusive way of assigning event handlers, by setting it through code, rather than placing an onclick attribute on the HTML control.

: Hi
    :
    : Initially,the user is not permitted to close his/her window.
    : can anyone plz tell me some way to allow the user to close the window..ie,in some
    : event,i should make the user to close the window by asking a confirmation message
    : "Do u want to exit?yes,No"...Can anybody plz suggest some idea about the event in
    : which i can handle this.
    : can anyone plz help me with the javascript or asp.net code to close the window too..
    :
    : Any suggestions are greatly appreciated..
    : Thanks in advance..
    :
    : Regards
    : blob
    :

• hi,

You may try window.close event after the msg appears....