Secured database but other users I added don't have permission to open

I created a new wkgroup, ran the security wizard, added Full Data Users group and added the users who belong to that group (on my computer). Moved the secured file to a server, I can open but other users get a message saying that don't have permission to use the wkgroup file.

So, I repeated the same process on the server and the workgroup is there but they still can't open it. I gave them full data permissions to open and run.

Am I missing something? Is there a step being left out? I used everyones network logon name as the user name. Please, please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Any input is so appreciated.
Thanks!

Comments

• : I created a new wkgroup, ran the security wizard, added Full Data Users group and added the users who belong to that group (on my computer). Moved the secured file to a server, I can open but other users get a message saying that don't have permission to use the wkgroup file.
    :
    : So, I repeated the same process on the server and the workgroup is there but they still can't open it. I gave them full data permissions to open and run.
    :
    : Am I missing something? Is there a step being left out? I used everyones network logon name as the user name. Please, please tell me what I am doing wrong.
    :
    : Any input is so appreciated.
    : Thanks!
    :

have the users joined the workgroup ? [tools, security, workgroup admin.]. its best to set this w/ a shortcut-
    c:path-msaccess.exe n:path-.mdb /wrkgrp n:path-system.mdw

• : : I created a new wkgroup, ran the security wizard, added Full Data Users group and added the users who belong to that group (on my computer). Moved the secured file to a server, I can open but other users get a message saying that don't have permission to use the wkgroup file.
    : :
    : : So, I repeated the same process on the server and the workgroup is there but they still can't open it. I gave them full data permissions to open and run.
    : : Am I missing something? Is there a step being left out? I used everyones network logon name as the user name. Please, please tell me what I am doing wrong.
    : : Any input is so appreciated.
    : : Thanks!
    :
    : have the users joined the workgroup ? [tools, security, workgroup admin.]. its best to set this w/ a shortcut-
    : c:path-msaccess.exe n:path-.mdb /wrkgrp n:path-system.mdw
    :
    :
    So, I have to go to every user's machine and have them join the workgroup.
    We're on a network. Does this matter?
  • : : : I created a new wkgroup, ran the security wizard, added Full Data Users group and added the users who belong to that group (on my computer). Moved the secured file to a server, I can open but other users get a message saying that don't have permission to use the wkgroup file.
    : : :
    : : : So, I repeated the same process on the server and the workgroup is there but they still can't open it. I gave them full data permissions to open and run.
    : : : Am I missing something? Is there a step being left out? I used everyones network logon name as the user name. Please, please tell me what I am doing wrong.
    : : : Any input is so appreciated.
    : : : Thanks!
    : : have the users joined the workgroup ? [tools, security, workgroup admin.]. its best to set this w/ a shortcut-
    : : c:path-msaccess.exe n:path-.mdb /wrkgrp n:path-system.mdw
    : So, I have to go to every user's machine and have them join the workgroup.
    : We're on a network. Does this matter?
    :

for them to open the secured db, they either need to join the workgroup with the workgroup admin. utility [not ideal] OR specify the workgroup in a shortcut. i find it easier to handle everything with a shortcut and the same is true if the db is located on the network.