Monitor Goes Black

I have an issue that I'm running into that I'm not sure how to resolve. When I boot up my pc, it goes through to the windows splash screen just fine. However, when it's time to go to the login screen the monitor goes black. The pc is on and so I switched the monitor to a different pc to double check to make sure it's not the monitor and it seems that the monitor is fine. Then I wondered if it's something with my built in video card. So I went ahead and switch out the HD to a another similar pc. When I booted that different pc the same problem persists. I'm thinking it has something to do with the HD but I'm not sure. Has anyone run into a problem such as this and if so did you have a solution for it other than formating the HD. Formating the HD will be my last resort, but I thought I would ask around if someone else had a different idea. Thanks for any input you may have.

Comments

• : I have an issue that I'm running into that I'm not sure how to resolve. When I boot up my pc, it goes through to the windows splash screen just fine. However, when it's time to go to the login screen the monitor goes black. The pc is on and so I switched the monitor to a different pc to double check to make sure it's not the monitor and it seems that the monitor is fine. Then I wondered if it's something with my built in video card. So I went ahead and switch out the HD to a another similar pc. When I booted that different pc the same problem persists. I'm thinking it has something to do with the HD but I'm not sure. Has anyone run into a problem such as this and if so did you have a solution for it other than formating the HD. Formating the HD will be my last resort, but I thought I would ask around if someone else had a different idea. Thanks for any input you may have.
    :
    I think you only have to download new drivers, since the actuall seems broke or wrong. Test to start in failsafe mode (don't know the actuall english name for it) and see if it works.
  • : I have an issue that I'm running into that I'm not sure how to resolve. When I boot up my pc, it goes through to the windows splash screen just fine. However, when it's time to go to the login screen the monitor goes black. The pc is on and so I switched the monitor to a different pc to double check to make sure it's not the monitor and it seems that the monitor is fine. Then I wondered if it's something with my built in video card. So I went ahead and switch out the HD to a another similar pc. When I booted that different pc the same problem persists. I'm thinking it has something to do with the HD but I'm not sure. Has anyone run into a problem such as this and if so did you have a solution for it other than formating the HD. Formating the HD will be my last resort, but I thought I would ask around if someone else had a different idea. Thanks for any input you may have.
    :

I had the same problem. I have use the 'GHOST' utility to fix up the hard disk problem. At the time of the booting if there is any problem while disk reading, most of the time the problem is with your boot sector, or part of the disk where OS resides. So I advise you to format the hard disk, if you make sure the problem is with your hard disk. If you use any Disk utility it will give you the temporary solution. If you use any DISK utility such as 'Ghost' , 'NDD' never fix up the sector as bad sector if it is in the part of OS area. Please let me know if you came across any other solution

With Warmest regards

Dattatray L Choudhari