pc hard drive to a laptop

hi
i just want to know if it is possible to install a pc hard drive on to a laptop with out considering the cables, just if it is possible.
thx
madazn

Comments

• Hi There:

The last laptop hard drive I used was a "standard" IDE interface, which had additional pins for power. So, unlike a PC hard drive with separate data and power cables, the laptop drive has only one cable, which looks like a data cable, but also has drive power.

I've done the opposite of what you're thinking. I've taken a laptop hard drive and installed it into a desktop PC. There is an adapter available to convert the separate data and power cables on the PC to an integrated data/power connector for the laptop drive.

[purple]Melissa[/purple]

• : Hi There:
    :
    : The last laptop hard drive I used was a "standard" IDE interface, which had additional pins for power. So, unlike a PC hard drive with separate data and power cables, the laptop drive has only one cable, which looks like a data cable, but also has drive power.
    :
    : I've done the opposite of what you're thinking. I've taken a laptop hard drive and installed it into a desktop PC. There is an adapter available to convert the separate data and power cables on the PC to an integrated data/power connector for the laptop drive.
    :
    :
    :
    : [purple]Melissa[/purple]
    :
    :

Remember that too, laptop hdd uses only 5volts, but 3.5" hdd uses 5 and 12 volts