DialogBox

In an OpenDialog box how can I specify different action for the open and close buttons? it is doing the same action for both

Comments

• : In an OpenDialog box how can I specify different action for the open and close buttons? it is doing the same action for both
    See http://codepedia.com/1/CppBuilderMessageDlg ...
    Good luck,

bilderbikkel

• : : In an OpenDialog box how can I specify different action for the open and close buttons? it is doing the same action for both
    : See http://codepedia.com/1/CppBuilderMessageDlg ...
    : Good luck,
    :
    : bilderbikkel
    :
    :Hi,
    These are for message boxes. But what about the specific OpenDialog box? It only has 2 buttons(Open and Cancel).
  • : : : In an OpenDialog box how can I specify different action for the open and close buttons? it is doing the same action for both
    : : See http://codepedia.com/1/CppBuilderMessageDlg ...
    : : Good luck,
    : :
    : : bilderbikkel
    : :Hi,
    : These are for message boxes. But what about the specific OpenDialog box? It only has 2 buttons(Open and Cancel).
    :
    Oops, I'm sorry... The function OpenDialog::Execute() returns a value, depending on what the user did. Check its help to find out.

Good luck,
    bilderbikkel

• : : : : In an OpenDialog box how can I specify different action for the open and close buttons? it is doing the same action for both
    : : : See http://codepedia.com/1/CppBuilderMessageDlg ...
    : : : Good luck,
    : : :
    : : : bilderbikkel
    : : :
    : : :Hi,
    : : These are for message boxes. But what about the specific OpenDialog box? It only has 2 buttons(Open and Cancel).
    : Oops, I'm sorry... The function OpenDialog::Execute() returns a value, depending on what the user did. Check its help to find out.
    :
    : Good luck,
    :
    : Hi,
    I have not understood your reply.
    Does OpenDialog->Execute() returns true or false?
    But it will always be true, whether the user presses open or cancel, since the dialog box has been opened(executed).

• : I have not understood your reply.
    : Does OpenDialog->Execute() returns true or false?
    : But it will always be true, whether the user presses open or cancel, since the dialog box has been opened(executed).

Read the Help (type 'OpenDialog1->Execute', set cursor on OpenDialog1 and press F1, select the Method Execute)(I copy-pasted it):

[code]
    VCL Reference
    TOpenDialog::Execute

TOpenDialog See also Example

Displays the file-selection dialog.

virtual bool __fastcall Execute(void);

Description

Execute opens the file-selection dialog, returning true when the user selects a file and clicks Open. If the user clicks Cancel, Execute returns false.

if (OpenDialog1->Execute())

Memo1->Lines->LoadFromFile(OpenDialog1->FileName);
    else

Memo1->Clear();
    [/code]

Read it next time,
    bilderbikkel

• : : I have not understood your reply.
    : : Does OpenDialog->Execute() returns true or false?
    : : But it will always be true, whether the user presses open or cancel, since the dialog box has been opened(executed).
    :
    : Read the Help (type 'OpenDialog1->Execute', set cursor on OpenDialog1 and press F1, select the Method Execute)(I copy-pasted it):
    :
    : [code]
    : VCL Reference
    : TOpenDialog::Execute
    :
    : TOpenDialog See also Example
    :
    : Displays the file-selection dialog.
    :
    : virtual bool __fastcall Execute(void);
    :
    : Description
    :
    : Execute opens the file-selection dialog, returning true when the user selects a file and clicks Open. If the user clicks Cancel, Execute returns false.
    :
    : if (OpenDialog1->Execute())
    :
    : Memo1->Lines->LoadFromFile(OpenDialog1->FileName);
    : else
    :
    : Memo1->Clear();
    : [/code]
    :
    : Read it next time,
    :
    : Hi!!!
    Sorry I was confused and missed some of the things.
    Anyway thanks very much for your help.