Moving the database to another sql server

hi all,
is there a way to move a database from one SQL Server(on one pc)
to another SQL server on another machine without loosing the relationships and the constraints.

Comments

• : hi all,
    : is there a way to move a database from one SQL Server(on one pc)
    : to another SQL server on another machine without loosing the relationships and the constraints.
    :

1. Go to enterprise manager
    2. Right Click the database u wish move -> Select All Tasks -> Detach Database
    3. Go to the location where the database is stored usually C:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQLData -> Copy the .mdf & ldf files of DB.
    4.Paste Files onto new server
    5.In enterprise manager go databases -> right click -> all tasks - > attach database -> browse to where u put db files and select the .mdf file.

That should do it.

• : hi all,
    : is there a way to move a database from one SQL Server(on one pc)
    : to another SQL server on another machine without loosing the relationships and the constraints.
    :

There's a tool called SQL Packager that I use a lot because basically it does a really simple job of moving databases around and installing them
    without having to detach and reattach.

Wally
  • thank you all for your cooperation, i solved the problem long time ago, several methods (backup/restore,attach detach,...) but thank you for your information
  • : : hi all,
    : : is there a way to move a database from one SQL Server(on one pc)
    : : to another SQL server on another machine without loosing the relationships and the constraints.
    : :
    :
    : There's a tool called SQL Packager that I use a lot because basically it does a really simple job of moving databases around and installing them
    : without having to detach and reattach.
    :
    : Wally
    :
    SQL Packager have licence, we must buy.
    Do you have any another way to do it, using VB6?
    Thanks