a database for a dictionary

I am very interested in creating a dictionary application. But right now I am stuck. I basically need help; I need some kind of a solution for designing a dictionary database.

There are other things I want my application to do things like add entires,edit them, etc. But how is it that you manage a database of, say, 50,000 words or may be even more...?

If any1 has any idea please respond...

Comments

• : I am very interested in creating a dictionary application. But right now I am stuck. I basically need help; I need some kind of a solution for designing a dictionary database.
    :
    : There are other things I want my application to do things like add entires,edit them, etc. But how is it that you manage a database of, say, 50,000 words or may be even more...?
    :
    : If any1 has any idea please respond...
    :
    Hi,
    50000 words is quite much to use text file to store them. You should use some database for it. (Access, for example). Make tables there and just connect (I suggest you to use ADO, not DAO for managing DB)
    How many languages do you plan to cover? If there are just two languages, there will be enough to create one table with ID, FirstLanguage and SecondLanguage columns. If you plan to use more languages, there would be usefull to use some more sophisticated structure..
    Try to lookup how to use datasets with ADO (select, insert, update and delete records..)
    Hope this helps

[blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]

[purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]