simple data input box VB excell 2000

Hello,
Perhaps because it is getting late on Friday afternoon, I am having difficulty figuring out how to create a simple data entry box,
How do I create an event that allows me to type numerical data into a text box, then input this data into a selected cell when I press enter?
My attempt so far using "Inputbox_Change" resulted in the data updating and shifting to the next cell after each keystroke.

I would appreciate any help

Regards

Stuart

Comments

• You could use a MsgBox. You can open one and get data from the user, then store it in your cell.

Range("yourcell").value = MsgBox(yadda yadda)

I can't remember all the variables off the top of my head for MsgBox, but MS help can show you what variables to put in to achive what you're looking for. I think there's a function of messagebox that lets you get one field of data from the user. Beyond that, you'd probably have to create a form to do it.
  • Thanks, I have already resorted to a message box, I would like to be able to replicate the message box function myself however, to allow for further customisation.

Thanks for your advice,

Stuart
    : You could use a MsgBox. You can open one and get data from the user, then store it in your cell.
    :
    : Range("yourcell").value = MsgBox(yadda yadda)
    :
    : I can't remember all the variables off the top of my head for MsgBox, but MS help can show you what variables to put in to achive what you're looking for. I think there's a function of messagebox that lets you get one field of data from the user. Beyond that, you'd probably have to create a form to do it.
    :