Compression

Greetings sain folk!

I have been transfering lots of file from my computer to my others computers and other peoples computers, and most of them have very large file sizes. So I have been commpressing them. the only propblem is that compressing file dosn't make them as small as I would hope. So I need to know if there is a way that I may Compress a file to be [italic] very [/italic] small, or any other way to dock some bytes of large files. Any and all sugestions welcome.

[hr]
[purple][italic]I remain gentelmen you obedeiant servant[b]
-OG[/purple]

[red]-Margalo ;-)

Comments

• : Greetings sain folk!
    :
    : I have been transfering lots of file from my computer to my others computers and other peoples computers, and most of them have very large file sizes. So I have been commpressing them. the only propblem is that compressing file dosn't make them as small as I would hope. So I need to know if there is a way that I may Compress a file to be [italic] very [/italic] small, or any other way to dock some bytes of large files. Any and all sugestions welcome.
    :
    : [hr]
    : [purple][italic]I remain gentelmen you obedeiant servant[b]
    : -OG[/purple]
    :
    : [red]-Margalo ;-)
    :
    [purple]
    Try using WinRAR with ("Create Solid Archive" & "Highest Compression Method")... If it still too large, try splitting it. BTW, what media are you using for transferring files? Diskette? CDs? Flash Drives?
  • : : Greetings sain folk!
    : :
    : : I have been transfering lots of file from my computer to my others computers and other peoples computers, and most of them have very large file sizes. So I have been commpressing them. the only propblem is that compressing file dosn't make them as small as I would hope. So I need to know if there is a way that I may Compress a file to be [italic] very [/italic] small, or any other way to dock some bytes of large files. Any and all sugestions welcome.
    : : [hr]
    : : [purple][italic]I remain gentelmen you obedeiant servant[b]
    : : -OG[/purple]
    : : [red]-Margalo ;-)
    : [purple]
    : Try using WinRAR with ("Create Solid Archive" & "Highest Compression Method")... If it still too large, try splitting it. BTW, what media are you using for transferring files? Diskette? CDs? Flash Drives?
    :
    [/b][/purple][/italic][/red]I am using flash drives and CDs, however I am unable to attempt your first suggestion, due ti the fact that I am completly oblivious to its nature. what is WinRAR? I apoligize for my ignorance, but am interested in this [italic] WinRAR [/italic] if it is a seperate program where can I get it?

Thanks!

• : : : Greetings sain folk!
    : : :
    : : : I have been transfering lots of file from my computer to my others computers and other peoples computers, and most of them have very large file sizes. So I have been commpressing them. the only propblem is that compressing file dosn't make them as small as I would hope. So I need to know if there is a way that I may Compress a file to be [italic] very [/italic] small, or any other way to dock some bytes of large files. Any and all sugestions welcome.
    : : : [hr]
    : : : [purple][italic]I remain gentelmen you obedeiant servant[b]
    : : : -OG[/purple]
    : : : [red]-Margalo ;-)
    : : [purple]
    : : Try using WinRAR with ("Create Solid Archive" & "Highest Compression Method")... If it still too large, try splitting it. BTW, what media are you using for transferring files? Diskette? CDs? Flash Drives?
    : [/b][/purple][/italic][/red]I am using flash drives and CDs, however I am unable to attempt your first suggestion, due ti the fact that I am completly oblivious to its nature. what is WinRAR? I apoligize for my ignorance, but am interested in this [italic] WinRAR [/italic] if it is a seperate program where can I get it?
    :
    : Thanks!
    :
    :
    :
    [purple]
    Ahhhhh.... Ok... WinRAR is very much the same with WinZip (that's why they are always competing with each other). The difference is (from my experience), WinRAR is best when it comes compressing, while WinZip has a very good user interface and easy to understand. You can get it at:

http://www.rarlabs.com/

Then go Downloads, then download it. The latest version is WinRAR 3.51. Once you installed WinRAR, you can select files from your Explorer then Right-Click then "Add to archive", then the WinRAR dialog will pop-up and there you have it! =)

BTW, how big (in MB) are you transferring?

For more questions just ask me... =)