Printing below the margin

Greetings, all!

Using VB6 and the Printer object, I need to print a reference no. at the bottom of the page. Using CurrentY = 16050 causes the reference no. to be printed on the next page.

I changed the paper size to Legal and it prints the top 5/6 of the ref. no. - and it is still one line above where I need it to be.

I know in Excel one can adjust the printer margins, but I cannot find a similar feature in VB

Any suggestions?

Regards
Tony

Comments

• : Greetings, all!
    :
    : Using VB6 and the Printer object, I need to print a reference no. at the bottom of the page. Using CurrentY = 16050 causes the reference no. to be printed on the next page.
    :
    : I changed the paper size to Legal and it prints the top 5/6 of the ref. no. - and it is still one line above where I need it to be.
    :
    : I know in Excel one can adjust the printer margins, but I cannot find a similar feature in VB
    :
    : Any suggestions?

Try to decrease bottom margin size.
    Good Luck...

: Regards
    : Tony
    :
    :

• : : Greetings, all!
    : :
    : : Using VB6 and the Printer object, I need to print a reference no. at the bottom of the page. Using CurrentY = 16050 causes the reference no. to be printed on the next page.
    : : I changed the paper size to Legal and it prints the top 5/6 of the ref. no. - and it is still one line above where I need it to be.
    : : I know in Excel one can adjust the printer margins, but I cannot find a similar feature in VB
    : : Any suggestions?
    :
    : Try to decrease bottom margin size.
    : Good Luck...
    :
    : : Regards
    : : Tony
    :
    :

: : Using VB6 and the Printer object, I need to print a reference no. at the bottom of the page. Using CurrentY = 16050 causes the reference no. to be printed on the next page.
    : : I changed the paper size to Legal and it prints the top 5/6 of the ref. no. - and it is still one line above where I need it to be.
    : : I know in Excel one can adjust the printer margins, but I cannot find a similar feature in VB
    :
    : Try to decrease bottom margin size.
    : Good Luck...
    :
    Thanks for your suggestion, Sarasen,

I could only find a way of decreasing the bottom margin size using a third-party solution - Erez Print - is there a way to do it in VB6?

I tried Erez extensively - some very nice features - and eventually got it working well - on a HP LaserJet 5. When I went to the site and tried it on their printer, it came out all wrong! o:{

Is Windows XP not able to take the various printer drivers into account?

I put it back to the original version, and now it's printing the ref no in the right place!! I'm happy about that, but frustrated because I don't know what was wrong, and why i's now right!!!

Regards, and a Happy New Year,

Tony
  • :: Thanks for your suggestion, Sarasen,
    :
    : I could only find a way of decreasing the bottom margin size using a third-party solution - Erez Print - is there a way to do it in VB6?
    :
    : I tried Erez extensively - some very nice features - and eventually got it working well - on a HP LaserJet 5. When I went to the site and tried it on their printer, it came out all wrong! o:{
    :
    : Is Windows XP not able to take the various printer drivers into account?
    :
    : I put it back to the original version, and now it's printing the ref no in the right place!! I'm happy about that, but frustrated because I don't know what was wrong, and why i's now right!!!
    :
    : Regards, and a Happy New Year,
    :
    :

do your printers have the same printer preferences (including the paper size)?

Good Luck n Happy New Year too

Sarasan
  • : Greetings, all!
    :
    : Using VB6 and the Printer object, I need to print a reference no. at the bottom of the page. Using CurrentY = 16050 causes the reference no. to be printed on the next page.
    :
    : I changed the paper size to Legal and it prints the top 5/6 of the ref. no. - and it is still one line above where I need it to be.
    :
    : I know in Excel one can adjust the printer margins, but I cannot find a similar feature in VB
    :
    : Any suggestions?
    :
    : Regards
    :

try to do this
    Printer.CurrentY = Printer.Height - 500
    you can replace 500 with some numbers with macth your document

:
    : try to do this
    : Printer.CurrentY = Printer.Height - 500
    : you can replace 500 with some numbers with macth your document
    :
    :
    thanks, sarasan,

that looks like an interesting variation -

p.s. sorry about spellingyour name incorrectly!