Does Access just suck?

No way to date/time stamp a record anytime it is updated without adding a little routine to every single form that might update that record, is there? The routine cannot be attached to the table, am I correct? It must be performed by a form. I hate Access.

Comments

• : No way to date/time stamp a record anytime it is updated without adding a little routine to every single form that might update that record, is there? The routine cannot be attached to the table, am I correct? It must be performed by a form. I hate Access.
    :

You are right. Every form's update event has to reference a block of code to date/time stamp a record. However, you can make it so that every form's update event references the exact same block of code. Just past the form object through a function and have it update hidden fields that have the same name on all the forms. That should reduce the number of lines of code you have to type.
  • : : No way to date/time stamp a record anytime it is updated without adding a little routine to every single form that might update that record, is there? The routine cannot be attached to the table, am I correct? It must be performed by a form. I hate Access.
    : :
    :
    : You are right. Every form's update event has to reference a block of code to date/time stamp a record. However, you can make it so that every form's update event references the exact same block of code. Just past the form object through a function and have it update hidden fields that have the same name on all the forms. That should reduce the number of lines of code you have to type.
    :
    As you might have suspected, this comes up after there are already millions of objects and lines of code within the database.