DirectX libraries

I found some tutorials online about programming Direct3D with VC++. It told me to add the following line:

#include

I do that, but the Dev C++ said d3d9.h could not be found. Is there any website I can download d3d9.h and the .lib or .a file(s) to go with it?

:-)

[white]Very secret writing.[/white]

Comments

• : I found some tutorials online about programming Direct3D with VC++. It told me to add the following line:
    :
    : #include
    :
    : I do that, but the Dev C++ said d3d9.h could not be found. Is there any website I can download d3d9.h and the .lib or .a file(s) to go with it?
    :
    : :-)
    :
    : [white]Very secret writing.[/white]
    :
    [blue]
    Try to download the DirectX 9 Software Development Kit at the following address, by the way do you know anything about drawing fast polygons?
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/isapi/gomscom.asp?target=/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4e825a37-0c94-4421-9ec8-156e52525d11&DisplayLang=en
    [/blue]
    [code][blue][size=5]AddyK[/size] (addyk2004), E-mail: addyk2003@walla.com (I know it should be 2004)[/blue][/code]

• [code]Try to download the DirectX 9 Software Development Kit at the following address, by the way do you know anything about drawing fast polygons?[/code]

No, I don't. I'm a beginner. If you a tutorial about them, please email me at theronluhn@charter.net .

• Where in the world would the directX folder be? I can't find d3d9.h anywhere!

• Nevermind. I'm so stupid.

• : Nevermind. I'm so stupid.
    :
    :
    : [white]Very secret writing.[/white]
    :
    :
    [blue]
    The dx9 sdk contains the d3d9.h file and all the other libraryes needed to program in DevC++.
    And tutorials:
    http://www.drunkenhyena.com/cgi-bin/dx9.pl
    for dx8 and dx9 I think. Hey try to Google it :-D
    [/blue]
    [code][blue][size=5]AddyK[/size] (addyk2004), E-mail: addyk2003@walla.com (I know it should be 2004)[/blue][/code]

• Whenever I compile my programs, Dev-C++ says [linker error] undefined reference to Direct3DCreate9@4. What .lib file do I need to include? Also, where are some good tutorials for Direct3D and DirectSound?

• I guess nobody can answer that. Any good tutorials? Any? (Not Drunken Hyena please!)

[white]isn't tihs aazmnig! You can raed thsee wdors eevn tohguh the lttres are mxeid up.[/white]

• : I guess nobody can answer that. Any good tutorials? Any? (Not Drunken Hyena please!)
    :
    :
    : [white]isn't tihs aazmnig! You can raed thsee wdors eevn tohguh the lttres are mxeid up.[/white]
    :
    :
    [blue]
    Did you try www.gamedev.com ?
    They should have tutorials...
    and all I mean all the files you are looking for, are in that SDK which link I have submited to you.
    [/blue]

• : I guess nobody can answer that. Any good tutorials? Any? (Not Drunken Hyena please!)
    :
    :
    : [white]isn't tihs aazmnig! You can raed thsee wdors eevn tohguh the lttres are mxeid up.[/white]
    :
    :
    [blue]
    Did you try www.gamedev.com ?
    They should have tutorials...
    And all (I mean ALL) the files you are looking for, are in that SDK which link I have submited to you.
    [/blue]

• I decided to do OpenGL instead. I found some good tutorials at http://nehe.gamedev.net .

[white]isn't tihs aazmnig! You can raed thsee wdors eevn tohguh the lttres are mxeid up.[/white]

• : I decided to do OpenGL instead. I found some good tutorials at http://nehe.gamedev.net .
    :
    :
    :
    :
    [blue]OpenGL is a good API too and I think that DevCPP4 comes with all the files necesary to program it. [/blue] [white]Yes it is cool that you can write with the white letters, but it can be hard for others to read if they don't highlight the words.[/white]
    [blue]
    Good luck on that project that you are working on.
    [/blue]