Filled polygons

[blue]
Does anybody know of a fast way to make filled polygons?
I'm trying to do a 3D program, and the fastest way to make one is through polygons. Please help, anybody, who has the knowledge.
[/blue]
[code][blue][size=5]AddyK[/size] (addyk2004), E-mail: addyk2003@walla.com (I know it should be 2004)[/blue][/code]

Comments

• : [blue]
    : Does anybody know of a fast way to make filled polygons?
    : I'm trying to do a 3D program, and the fastest way to make one is through polygons. Please help, anybody, who has the knowledge.
    : [/blue]
    : [code][blue][size=5]AddyK[/size] (addyk2004), E-mail: addyk2003@walla.com (I know it should be 2004)[/blue][/code]
    :
    If somebody knows how to make fast polygons, I could help in any domain I know of... PLEASE help.
    [code][blue][size=5]AddyK[/size] (addyk2004), E-mail: addyk2003@walla.com (I know it should be 2004)[/blue][/code]

• : : [blue]
    : : Does anybody know of a fast way to make filled polygons?
    : : I'm trying to do a 3D program, and the fastest way to make one is through polygons. Please help, anybody, who has the knowledge.
    : : [/blue]
    : : [code][blue][size=5]AddyK[/size] (addyk2004), E-mail: addyk2003@walla.com (I know it should be 2004)[/blue][/code]
    : :
    : If somebody knows how to make fast polygons, I could help in any domain I know of... PLEASE help.
    : [code][blue][size=5]AddyK[/size] (addyk2004), E-mail: addyk2003@walla.com (I know it should be 2004)[/blue][/code]
    :
    :

the fastest way is to use opengl or direct3d for drawing.after a short init-code you just have to define some points and ogl or dx will fill the triangle (or quad).any 3d-transformation (scaling,translation,rotation) will be done aswell.

a good way to start when trying to write your own routines is bresenhams line-algorithm.google for it,there are lots of good tutorials and its very fast (not as fast as hardware-accelerated opengl ).you can draw a triangle by drawing lines from one pixel of side A to the same pixel of side B from your triangle.
  • : : : [blue]
    : : : Does anybody know of a fast way to make filled polygons?
    : : : I'm trying to do a 3D program, and the fastest way to make one is through polygons. Please help, anybody, who has the knowledge.
    : : : [/blue]
    : : : [code][blue][size=5]AddyK[/size] (addyk2004), E-mail: addyk2003@walla.com (I know it should be 2004)[/blue][/code]
    : : :
    : : If somebody knows how to make fast polygons, I could help in any domain I know of... PLEASE help.
    : : [code][blue][size=5]AddyK[/size] (addyk2004), E-mail: addyk2003@walla.com (I know it should be 2004)[/blue][/code]
    :
    : the fastest way is to use opengl or direct3d for drawing.after a short init-code you just have to define some points and ogl or dx will fill the triangle (or quad).any 3d-transformation (scaling,translation,rotation) will be done aswell.
    :
    : a good way to start when trying to write your own routines is bresenhams line-algorithm.google for it,there are lots of good tutorials and its very fast (not as fast as hardware-accelerated opengl ).you can draw a triangle by drawing lines from one pixel of side A to the same pixel of side B from your triangle.
    :
    [green]
    I could do this, but I don't know what you are using for GUI. Do you still want it? The code will be sort of lengthy, because the functions must be inline functions for speed, and the whole thing should be done localy, ALL 4 lines at once, that keeps the points plotted in the registers.

• : : : : [blue]
    : : : : Does anybody know of a fast way to make filled polygons?
    : : : : I'm trying to do a 3D program, and the fastest way to make one is through polygons. Please help, anybody, who has the knowledge.
    : : : : [/blue]
    : : : : [code][blue][size=5]AddyK[/size] (addyk2004), E-mail: addyk2003@walla.com (I know it should be 2004)[/blue][/code]
    : : : :
    : : : If somebody knows how to make fast polygons, I could help in any domain I know of... PLEASE help.
    : : : [code][blue][size=5]AddyK[/size] (addyk2004), E-mail: addyk2003@walla.com (I know it should be 2004)[/blue][/code]
    : : the fastest way is to use opengl or direct3d for drawing.after a short init-code you just have to define some points and ogl or dx will fill the triangle (or quad).any 3d-transformation (scaling,translation,rotation) will be done aswell.
    : : a good way to start when trying to write your own routines is bresenhams line-algorithm.google for it,there are lots of good tutorials and its very fast (not as fast as hardware-accelerated opengl ).you can draw a triangle by drawing lines from one pixel of side A to the same pixel of side B from your triangle.
    : [green]
    : I could do this, but I don't know what you are using for GUI. Do you still want it? The code will be sort of lengthy, because the functions must be inline functions for speed, and the whole thing should be done localy, ALL 4 lines at once, that keeps the points plotted in the registers.
    :
    :

what platform do you writing for?i assume dos,because of the inline-assembly.try to optimize for mmx(bresenham uses integer.only,n floats) or 3dnow to speed things up.

with opengl you can do per-pixel drawing aswell,you even get an hardware-backbuffer.and most of the code is very portable when writing ansi-c so you can port it easily to other platforms (linux),just rewrite the gl-init,and the rest works like before...
  • [b][red]This message was edited by addyk2004 at 2005-10-9 2:29:16[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : [blue]
    : : : : Does anybody know of a fast way to make filled polygons?
    : : : : I'm trying to do a 3D program, and the fastest way to make one is through polygons. Please help, anybody, who has the knowledge.
    : : : : [/blue]
    : : : : [code][blue][size=5]AddyK[/size] (addyk2004), E-mail: addyk2003@walla.com (I know it should be 2004)[/blue][/code]
    : : : If somebody knows how to make fast polygons, I could help in any domain I know of... PLEASE help.
    : : the fastest way is to use opengl or direct3d for drawing.after a short init-code you just have to define some points and ogl or dx will fill the triangle (or quad).any 3d-transformation (scaling,translation,rotation) will be done aswell.
    : : a good way to start when trying to write your own routines is bresenhams line-algorithm.google for it,there are lots of good tutorials and its very fast (not as fast as hardware-accelerated opengl ).you can draw a triangle by drawing lines from one pixel of side A to the same pixel of side B from your triangle.
    : [green]
    : I could do this, but I don't know what you are using for GUI. Do you still want it? The code will be sort of lengthy, because the functions must be inline functions for speed, and the whole thing should be done localy, ALL 4 lines at once, that keeps the points plotted in the registers.
    :
    :
    [blue]
    I saw that for a week or so noone replyed so I sort of started studying OpenGL, but I would realy want to know how to do it in DOS C++ (it's kind of a sympathy of mine for DOS).[/blue]

• : [b][red]This message was edited by addyk2004 at 2005-10-9 2:29:16[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : [blue]
    : : : : : Does anybody know of a fast way to make filled polygons?
    : : : : : I'm trying to do a 3D program, and the fastest way to make one is through polygons. Please help, anybody, who has the knowledge.
    : : : : : [/blue]
    : : : : : [code][blue][size=5]AddyK[/size] (addyk2004), E-mail: addyk2003@walla.com (I know it should be 2004)[/blue][/code]
    : : : : :
    : : : : If somebody knows how to make fast polygons, I could help in any domain I know of... PLEASE help.
    : : : the fastest way is to use opengl or direct3d for drawing.after a short init-code you just have to define some points and ogl or dx will fill the triangle (or quad).any 3d-transformation (scaling,translation,rotation) will be done aswell.
    : : : a good way to start when trying to write your own routines is bresenhams line-algorithm.google for it,there are lots of good tutorials and its very fast (not as fast as hardware-accelerated opengl ).you can draw a triangle by drawing lines from one pixel of side A to the same pixel of side B from your triangle.
    : : [green]
    : : I could do this, but I don't know what you are using for GUI. Do you still want it? The code will be sort of lengthy, because the functions must be inline functions for speed, and the whole thing should be done localy, ALL 4 lines at once, that keeps the points plotted in the registers.
    : [blue]
    : I saw that for a week or so noone replyed so I sort of started studying OpenGL, but I would realy want to know how to do it in DOS C++ (it's kind of a sympathy of mine for DOS).[/blue]
    :
    :
    :
    :
    The truth when it comes to graphics is the math is the easy part. If you want to go low level to the card, you are designing an overlay. Vesa can help handle the great many 'invisible' characteristics that exist between the card and the monitor. If you have gotten as far as this I will be glad to help you with an algorithm to do lines and polygons... are you looking to fill polygon with solid color or texture and brushes??