USB ports in 98

I have a windows 98 computer (two realy) and both of them have USB ports, however nither of them can [b]use[/b] the ports and that is getting a bit annoying, I have a win 98 disk but whenever i try to install the driver I can't use a mass storage divice, a printer, a USB wireless keyboard, well it can't use anything but a USB mouse. So i'm wondering, what driver am I suposed to be using? how do I install it without causing the computer to explode with errs? any suggestions would be apreciated.

[b][red]-Margalo ;-)[/b][/red]

Comments

• : I have a windows 98 computer (two realy) and both of them have USB ports, however nither of them can [b]use[/b] the ports and that is getting a bit annoying, I have a win 98 disk but whenever i try to install the driver I can't use a mass storage divice, a printer, a USB wireless keyboard, well it can't use anything but a USB mouse. So i'm wondering, what driver am I suposed to be using? how do I install it without causing the computer to explode with errs? any suggestions would be apreciated.
    :
    : [b][red]-Margalo ;-)[/b][/red]
    :

Perhaps, if you tried messing around in your BIOS. Most computers have BIOSes with the option of blocking your devices(sound cards, USB, integrated video cards, ports, etc). You could have a look at that, or you could check the homepage of the vendor of your motherboard for some latest drivers or something. Good luck!

Btw, are the computers of the same type?
    Are they Compaq computers?
  • : : I have a windows 98 computer (two realy) and both of them have USB ports, however nither of them can [b]use[/b] the ports and that is getting a bit annoying, I have a win 98 disk but whenever i try to install the driver I can't use a mass storage divice, a printer, a USB wireless keyboard, well it can't use anything but a USB mouse. So i'm wondering, what driver am I suposed to be using? how do I install it without causing the computer to explode with errs? any suggestions would be apreciated.
    : :
    : : [b][red]-Margalo ;-)[/b][/red]
    : :
    :
    : Perhaps, if you tried messing around in your BIOS. Most computers have BIOSes with the option of blocking your devices(sound cards, USB, integrated video cards, ports, etc). You could have a look at that, or you could check the homepage of the vendor of your motherboard for some latest drivers or something. Good luck!
    :
    : Btw, are the computers of the same type?
    : Are they Compaq computers?
    :
    No on of them is an HP and the other is a Gateway, I'm using the Win 98 disk that came with the gateway but it dosen't work on ether of them even tho it says its installed.

And no I would never dream of getting or even building (with parts from) a Compaq. ;-)

[b][red]-Margalo ;-)