Mouse Sensor Usage

Hi folks,
I want to build an encoder circut using the computer's mouse sensor,
Can you plz tell me what sensor is used in the mouse(ball mouse) and what is the data sheet for this mouse... i'll be really obliged for response,,,

Bye.

Comments

• The mouse sensor is actually 2 rotary encoders reflecting X and Y axis movements. Each encoder sends a pulse train to a CPU as the mouse is moved across the mouse pad or mouse ball is rotated. The movement data is converted to serial communication data and sent to the PC. The movement is relative to the mouse's starting position.

TribalTech
  • [b][red]This message was edited by tarsil at 2006-10-28 9:32:31[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi folks,
    : I want to build an encoder circut using the computer's mouse sensor,
    : Can you plz tell me what sensor is used in the mouse(ball mouse) and what is the data sheet for this mouse... i'll be really obliged for response,,,
    :
    : Bye.
    :
    Is usualy justa photodiode in a usual wheel mouse. About opticals...
    Just use any photodiode and a heap PIC like 12F683.
    an u give more details? Encoding what?
    For what purpose?

• : Hi folks,
    : I want to build an encoder circut using the computer's mouse sensor,
    : Can you plz tell me what sensor is used in the mouse(ball mouse) and what is the data sheet for this mouse... i'll be really obliged for response,,,
    :
    : Bye.
    :
    I FOUND SOMETHING INTERESTING IN MOUSEEYE.COM, YOU CAN USE AN OPTICAL MOUSE AS A SCANNER. AFTER YOU CHECK IT, CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME???