Making Reports Work

I have a problem with a report that I was wondering if someone can help me with. Here's the sitation.

There are two reports A and B. Report A has subtotals and a grandtotal. I'd like to carry over the gradtotal from report A to report B. Here's what I tried doing, but with no success.

1. I created report B through design view.
2. I added a new textbox.
3. I right clicked the textbox and went to the properties option.
4. I chose the control source option to go to the expression builder.
5. I then clicked on the reports folder on the left hand side.
6. Then I clicked on report A
7. I then clicked on the grandtotal textbox and pasted it into the expression builder.
8. After that I closed out and tried running the report.

I thought this would be a good way of carrying over a value from one report to another, but when I ran report "B" it gave me an error message. Does anyone know how to carry a value from one report to another successfully? Thanks for any assitance possible.

Comments

• : I have a problem with a report that I was wondering if someone can help me with. Here's the sitation.
    :
    : There are two reports A and B. Report A has subtotals and a grandtotal. I'd like to carry over the gradtotal from report A to report B. Here's what I tried doing, but with no success.
    :
    : 1. I created report B through design view.
    : 2. I added a new textbox.
    : 3. I right clicked the textbox and went to the properties option.
    : 4. I chose the control source option to go to the expression builder.
    : 5. I then clicked on the reports folder on the left hand side.
    : 6. Then I clicked on report A
    : 7. I then clicked on the grandtotal textbox and pasted it into the expression builder.
    : 8. After that I closed out and tried running the report.
    :
    : I thought this would be a good way of carrying over a value from one report to another, but when I ran report "B" it gave me an error message. Does anyone know how to carry a value from one report to another successfully? Thanks for any assitance possible.
    :
    Unless both reports are open I think this will give you problems. I recommend using the DLookup or DSum or DCount functions in report B to display whatever totals you need, rather than trying to link the two reports somehow.