Problem in ns-2

Hi
I have installed Linux and configured network simulator2 in it but when ever I try to run it, it gives that bash ns command not found.Can anyone tell me why is it so and how can I run ns-2.
Thanks

Comments

• : Hi
    : I have installed Linux and configured network simulator2 in it but when ever I try to run it, it gives that bash ns command not found.Can anyone tell me why is it so and how can I run ns-2.
    : Thanks
    :
    :
    There could be a number of reasons for this.

Network simulator may not be in your PATH (specified by the $PATH environment variable) - where is the binary installed? You need to put the folder where the binary is installed, into the $PATH variable. You can do this by editing your ~/.bashrc file if you want the changes to be permanent and put this in:

[code]
    PATH=$PATH:/; export $PATH;
    [/code]

Chances are there will already be entries in the PATH line - just add an entry on to the end. To see your $PATH environment, type echo $PATH at the prompt.

Another reason could be that Network simulator could be called something else, not ns. Use slocate -i to find all of the network simulator files.
    eg (at the prompt):

[code]
    as root:
    updatedb // updates the file database on your computer

as normal user:
    slocate -i "ns" // this will find out where 'ns' is located, you can change this to any file you want to find.
    [/code]

Hope some of this helped,

ITA
    "Let us smite the evil slime eating hordes who may befall us on our quest to be the ultimate programmers of the known universe!"