Wats wrong with hard drive?

I start the comp up, nothing appears on the monitor and then the computer starts making a fizzing or cracking sound... Whats that??

Comments

• : I start the comp up, nothing appears on the monitor and then the computer starts making a fizzing or cracking sound... Whats that??
    :
    That is not the hard drive that could be a few things.

1) it could be that the power supply is not work and is giving ither too much or to little power to the mother board

2) It could be the mother board not accepting power and frizzing out.

3) You could have a power coard in the mother board were it is not supossed to be, if this is the problem beware, I did this once and heard a crackling sound I left the computer on and my basment shortly filled with smoke as the computer burst into flame.

4) It may be the prosseser not working

5) You may be completly screwed and will need to start from scartch (i hope this is not the problem)

but it seems that this is a power/motherboard problem, check that everything is in right, and hope you woun't need to replace it completly, but don't worry the hard drive is most likly in working order.

-Margalo ;-)