Other queries.

[b][red]This message was edited by Gregry2 at 2005-7-10 16:53:21[/red][/b][hr]
These are unrelated to my evaluator.

About unicode. short takes care of it, right? Also C, ANSI C doesn't support it, right? So for every non-ASCII character we must specify its numerical value, correct?

This is a little off, but it talks about machine code. Code compiled, no matter what OS creates the same instructions on a common architecture, correct? Machine code on a GNU/Linux and machine code on a Win32 have the same instructions if both are for x86, correct? Then what makes the diff? Are only certain things are ought to be given, or what?

And just a thing, i put my xml thing on the xml board, i just wanna say it was an algotrithm for storing info gained form an xml file, NOT webbing stuff. So if they say its unrelated, ill have a reason to cry and put it back here...or not.

And people with a mingw, do you know if pthread.h is included in mingw and do i just need to add some arguments to the linker? If so, plz tell

Lastly, i know i've asked time and time again, but anyone know where to find an efficient algorithm for str to float conversion? Learning the insides isn't helping...

Thats all. Thank you.
{2}rIng

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by Gregry2 at 2005-7-10 16:53:21[/red][/b][hr]
    : These are unrelated to my evaluator.
    :
    : About unicode. short takes care of it, right? Also C, ANSI C doesn't support it, right? So for every non-ASCII character we must specify its numerical value, correct?

[blue]
    ANSI C do support Unicode in a number of ways. The type used is wchar_t.
    It is atleast included in the latest ("C99") standard, but I'm not sure if it is included in earlier versions though.
    I think gcc is the only large compiler on the market that fully supports C99.
    [/blue]

: This is a little off, but it talks about machine code. Code compiled, no matter what OS creates the same instructions on a common architecture, correct? Machine code on a GNU/Linux and machine code on a Win32 have the same instructions if both are for x86, correct? Then what makes the diff? Are only certain things are ought to be given, or what?

[blue]The format of the executable, as well as the way it is treated by the OS, among other things. [/blue]

: And just a thing, i put my xml thing on the xml board, i just wanna say it was an algotrithm for storing info gained form an xml file, NOT webbing stuff. So if they say its unrelated, ill have a reason to cry and put it back here...or not.
    :
    : And people with a mingw, do you know if pthread.h is included in mingw and do i just need to add some arguments to the linker? If so, plz tell
    :
    : Lastly, i know i've asked time and time again, but anyone know where to find an efficient algorithm for str to float conversion? Learning the insides isn't helping...

[blue]The standard function strtof() should be efficient enough. You could try to find the source for that one. [/blue]

:
    : Thats all. Thank you.
    : {2}rIng
    :
    :
    :
    :

• Just to say thanks.

i'd also guess that since unicode is double-byte, it has its own set of library functions too, huh?
  • : Just to say thanks.
    :
    : i'd also guess that since unicode is double-byte, it has its own set of library functions too, huh?
    :

Yes, you should be able to use it just like a regular string, you just need to call other functions.