Sound without a sound card

Hi,
I need something very interesting. I have a very old pc and it has no sound device, except the speaker which BIOS beeps on boot.
What I want to do is generate sound with this BIOS speaker. I have searched the web and this forum, but nothing found. Is there a way or library or document about this subject.

Thanks for information.

Comments

• : Hi,
    : I need something very interesting. I have a very old pc and it has no sound device, except the speaker which BIOS beeps on boot.
    : What I want to do is generate sound with this BIOS speaker. I have searched the web and this forum, but nothing found. Is there a way or library or document about this subject.
    :
    : Thanks for information.
    [blue]
    printf() has an escape char 'a' (Alert/Bell), which could do
    just that:[/blue][code]
    [green]//make internal speaker beep[/green]
    printf ("a");[/code]
  • Try milling about at http://www.filelibrary.com/Contents/DOS/75/7.html and look around for sound / PC speaker programming. I remember doing that a long time ago, but I don't remember how... perhaps inline asm. Keep in mind that you'll have little control over the amplitude of the sounds, and you'd likely need a 16 bit compiler as well such as Turbo C. I *think* TC has a sound function to boot.

HTH

: Hi,
    : I need something very interesting. I have a very old pc and it has no sound device, except the speaker which BIOS beeps on boot.
    : What I want to do is generate sound with this BIOS speaker. I have searched the web and this forum, but nothing found. Is there a way or library or document about this subject.
    :
    :
    :
    :

I'm not sure if you have the option of using the windows Beep() function or not, but it beeps the system speaker.

[italic][blue]To understand recursive, first you need to understand recursive[/blue][/italic]

:
    :

I use printf("a") and it beeps well but just beeps. I need somthing like old dos games. I am still searching this in web.
    Thanks for answers.
  • : I use printf("a") and it beeps well but just beeps.
    :

Don't you hate it when that happens? :P If you're using dos or win 9x, then run a search on google for TC.zip

[code]
    #include

int main(void)
    {
    int i, tones[] = { 44, 555, 66, 777, 88, 999 };

for(i=0; i < sizeof(tones)/sizeof(tones[i]); i++){

sound(tones[i]);
    delay(2000);
    nosound();
    }

return 0;
    }[/code]Give that a try... gotta love dos. :)