a code

I want to write a code that prints a table of the binary, octal, and hexadecimal equivalents of the decimal numbers in the range 1 through 256.

anyone know that?

Comments

• : I want to write a code that prints a table of the binary, octal, and hexadecimal equivalents of the decimal numbers in the range 1 through 256.
    :
    : anyone know that?
    :
    [green]
    Dude, your going to PO some people on this board if you don't stop asking questions like that. People are to help not give you code to every little homework assignment.
    [/green]

• : I want to write a code that prints a table of the binary, octal, and hexadecimal equivalents of the decimal numbers in the range 1 through 256.
    :
    :

look up the options for the printf() function, such as "%d" is decimal value. Read the docs carefully and it will give you the answer to your question.
    :
    :

print out a table header if desired

loop(...){

%o for octal
    %x or %X for hex

}

Lord help you when it comes to the binary part. :p
  • The most good-looking implementation of that would be based on the fact that each digit in any of those numbers can be expressed as

number[0]*base^0 + number[1]*base^1 + ... + number[n]*base^n

where n is the index of the most significant digit.

Some examples

Binary: 1010 (base 2)
    Decimal equivalent = 1*2^3 + 0*2^2 + 1*2^1 + 0*2^0 = 10

Hex: AF (base 16)
    Decimal equivalent = 10*16^1 + 15*16^0 = 175

This is also very fundamental knowledge to a programmer, sence this is how you calculate those strange numbers without a calculator in sight :)