MP3 player in MSDOS?

hi. can anyone tell me if it's possible to writen a mp3 player in MSDOS environment?

if it is, can anyone point me to where the source codes are available, algorithms and documentations? thanks to anyone who helped.

regards,

Danny

btw, i have written a CD-ROM player with GUI cum mouse support. Anyone who wants it can send a mail to me. Thanks

Comments

• can i get a copy of the cd player?

just email it to me if you please ;-)

and i would think that an mp3 player in msdos would be quite DAMN possible. you can play waves in dos can't you? my point exactly.

thx,

sheipr

: hi. can anyone tell me if it's possible to writen a mp3 player in MSDOS environment?

:

: if it is, can anyone point me to where the source codes are available, algorithms and documentations? thanks to anyone who helped.

:

: regards,

: Danny

:

: btw, i have written a CD-ROM player with GUI cum mouse support. Anyone who wants it can send a mail to me. Thanks

:

• Sure you can. Just get the specs and code it ;-)

You'll get crazy after reading the first 1000 lines of the specs...

I suppose to get the source of a GNU player (for example AMP that comes with kmp3 ... I'm talking 'bout Linux...), and change the sound I/O routines

: hi. can anyone tell me if it's possible to writen a mp3 player in MSDOS environment?

:

: if it is, can anyone point me to where the source codes are available, algorithms and documentations? thanks to anyone who helped.

:

:

: btw, i have written a CD-ROM player with GUI cum mouse support. Anyone who wants it can send a mail to me. Thanks

• i want that gui dos mp3 player with mouse support

please e-mail me with it @ str8off187@address.com

thanks

• : i want that gui dos mp3 player with mouse support
    : please e-mail me.
    : thanks
    :
    :
    :

• ..library called -XAudio MP3 SDK-. It's a MP3 decoding library.
    Playing MP3 files actually means decoding to wav in realtime, so it's not really a question of wether DOS supports MP3 but rather if it supports wav.. Wich we know it does.
    Though I suggest that you write the player in 32 bit protected DOS instead of real 16 bit. You get hell of a lot more memory if you do it in 32 bit, wich you probably know is a fairly big issue when it comes to dealing with sound.

Here's the link to XAudio:

www.xaudio.com

Good Luck.
    /Robert

:
    :
    :
    :
    :