disabling right click

[b][red]This message was edited by kgaoza at 2005-6-6 8:10:51[/red][/b][hr]
Hi all

I've developed an application in c++ builder 5. For some of the editboxes I used, the input is limited to integers only. but now my problem is that it is possible for the user to copy and paste into the editboxes and my porgram crushes. I need help with disabling the mouse right button.
Any help will do. (kshakon@yahoo.co.uk)

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by kgaoza at 2005-6-6 8:10:51[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi all
    :
    : I've developed an application in c++ builder 5. For some of the editboxes I used, the input is limited to integers only. but now my problem is that it is possible for the user to copy and paste into the editboxes and my porgram crushes. I need help with disabling the mouse right button.
    : Any help will do. (kshakon@yahoo.co.uk)
    :
    :
    :
    :

I assume you made, that onkeypress if pressed key is not number you don't write it, yeah? Well, i'd make it a little bit different. At event OnChange I'd write something like this:

AnsiString txt=Edit1->Text;
    int curpos=Edit1->SelStart;
    for(int i=0;i57) {
    txt.Delete(i+1,1);
    curpos--;
    i--;
    }
    }
    Edit1->Text=txt;
    Edit1->SelStart=curpos;

That way, if entered symbol is not number, it will delete it from field. The deal with curpos is needed, so cursor would stay at position it was.

And actually, i don't understand why you must let only integers to be written. You can use atoi function to convert text to integer. For example:

int num=atoi(Edit1->Text.c_str());

If there will be letters, atoi will return 0.