dialing the internet

Hello all.
I want my application to automatically dial to the internet via an ADSL modem.
To be more specific, I want to find an API or .NET framework function which does the same as connecting to a broadband connection in windows' Network Connections.

I am familiar with a VB API function called INTERNET_AUTO_DIAL which dials via an ISDN modem. Is there a similar function in c++/c#?

Do you know any function that can help me?

Thanku, Ronen.

Comments

• : Hello all.
    : I want my application to automatically dial to the internet via an ADSL modem.
    : To be more specific, I want to find an API or .NET framework function which does the same as connecting to a broadband connection in windows' Network Connections.
    :
    : I am familiar with a VB API function called INTERNET_AUTO_DIAL which dials via an ISDN modem. Is there a similar function in c++/c#?
    :
    : Do you know any function that can help me?
    :
    : Thanku, Ronen.
    [blue]
    C/C++ gives you alot more control then VB. I've never
    done this, but I believe you need to use sockets.
    Sockets are used for networking, so it might be what
    you are looking for..[/blue]
  • : : Hello all.
    : : I want my application to automatically dial to the internet via an ADSL modem.
    : : To be more specific, I want to find an API or .NET framework function which does the same as connecting to a broadband connection in windows' Network Connections.
    : :
    : : I am familiar with a VB API function called INTERNET_AUTO_DIAL which dials via an ISDN modem. Is there a similar function in c++/c#?
    : : Do you know any function that can help me?
    : : Thanku, Ronen.
    : [blue]
    : C/C++ gives you alot more control then VB. I've never
    : done this, but I believe you need to use sockets.
    : Sockets are used for networking, so it might be what
    : you are looking for..[/blue]
    :

Sockets can be used whenever a connection to the internet is already established. I want to establish a connection to the internet.

• Hello, you can use the WinInet API
    Search these functions:
    InternetAutodial
    InternetAutodialHangup
    InternetDial
    InternetHangup
    bye !

: : : Hello all.
    : : : I want my application to automatically dial to the internet via an ADSL modem.
    : : : To be more specific, I want to find an API or .NET framework function which does the same as connecting to a broadband connection in windows' Network Connections.
    : : :
    : : : I am familiar with a VB API function called INTERNET_AUTO_DIAL which dials via an ISDN modem. Is there a similar function in c++/c#?
    : : : Do you know any function that can help me?
    : : : Thanku, Ronen.
    : : [blue]
    : : C/C++ gives you alot more control then VB. I've never
    : : done this, but I believe you need to use sockets.
    : : Sockets are used for networking, so it might be what
    : : you are looking for..[/blue]
    :
    : Sockets can be used whenever a connection to the internet is already established. I want to establish a connection to the internet.
    :
    :