Help me pls about contour tracking

Hi, I'm working on my Final Project about Visual Tracking (contour tracking, more specifically).
I've read a paper saying things about calculating edge strength to measure the similarity between the object being tracked, and the edges detected in image, but it still doesn't come through my mind, though >.<
Do you know what and how to calculate edge strength?
Thanks, thanks a lot.

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by DrMarten at 2005-5-5 13:57:57[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi, I'm working on my Final Project about Visual Tracking (contour tracking, more specifically).
    : I've read a paper saying things about calculating edge strength to measure the similarity between the object being tracked, and the edges detected in image, but it still doesn't come through my mind, though >.<
    : Do you know what and how to calculate edge strength?
    : Thanks, thanks a lot.
    :

If it is straight edges just use trigonometry.
    You can even do this for non-right-angled triangles.

If the edges are curved you could approximate the curve into a series of straight lines and total each length up.

Hope these ideas help. :-)

If all of this uses graph technique with whole-numbers or integers then it makes things a bit easier.