language plugin

Hi;

I have an application that is in English. How can i implement it most flexibly that when i want to introduce a new language, i won't have to change the .exe itself?

That is, what is the widely accepted method to build language plugins?

Comments

• : Hi;
    :
    : I have an application that is in English. How can i implement it most flexibly that when i want to introduce a new language, i won't have to change the .exe itself?
    :
    : That is, what is the widely accepted method to build language plugins?
    :
    The most used method is resource DLLs. The help files contain several pages about this, which can by found using the following string "languages:adding to a project" (Delphi 5 help). You can also find a demo on this in the "DemosRichedit" folder. Delphi can more or less automatically use this method with little to no coding on your part.
  • Thanx zibadian, I checked what you said, but I also have some messages and output files to be translated.

Anyway, is there a disadvantage to keep all of the messages, label and form captions, etc. in an MS Access database table according to languages and load them when necessary?

Thanx,
    _yilmaz

: : I have an application that is in English. How can i implement it most flexibly that when i want to introduce a new language, i won't have to change the .exe itself?
    : :
    : : That is, what is the widely accepted method to build language plugins?
    : The most used method is resource DLLs. The help files contain several pages about this, which can by found using the following string "languages:adding to a project" (Delphi 5 help). You can also find a demo on this in the "DemosRichedit" folder. Delphi can more or less automatically use this method with little to no coding on your part.
    :

• : Thanx zibadian, I checked what you said, but I also have some messages and output files to be translated.
    :
    : Anyway, is there a disadvantage to keep all of the messages, label and form captions, etc. in an MS Access database table according to languages and load them when necessary?
    :
    : Thanx,
    : _yilmaz
    :
    : : : I have an application that is in English. How can i implement it most flexibly that when i want to introduce a new language, i won't have to change the .exe itself?
    : : :
    : : : That is, what is the widely accepted method to build language plugins?
    : : The most used method is resource DLLs. The help files contain several pages about this, which can by found using the following string "languages:adding to a project" (Delphi 5 help). You can also find a demo on this in the "DemosRichedit" folder. Delphi can more or less automatically use this method with little to no coding on your part.
    :
    :
    There is not much of a disadvantage, except that you need to implement it. This might mean that you end up with a large if-then-else to type-cast the various controls.
  • Hi;

When i use ShowMessage, MessageDlg, etc., the captions of the buttons of these utilities are always in English (OK, Cancel, etc.). Is there a solution for this?

Thanx...

: : Thanx zibadian, I checked what you said, but I also have some messages and output files to be translated.
    : : Anyway, is there a disadvantage to keep all of the messages, label and form captions, etc. in an MS Access database table according to languages and load them when necessary?
    : : Thanx,
    : : _yilmaz
    : : : : I have an application that is in English. How can i implement it most flexibly that when i want to introduce a new language, i won't have to change the .exe itself?
    : : : :
    : : : : That is, what is the widely accepted method to build language plugins?
    : : : The most used method is resource DLLs. The help files contain several pages about this, which can by found using the following string "languages:adding to a project" (Delphi 5 help). You can also find a demo on this in the "DemosRichedit" folder. Delphi can more or less automatically use this method with little to no coding on your part.
    : There is not much of a disadvantage, except that you need to implement it. This might mean that you end up with a large if-then-else to type-cast the various controls.
    :

• : Hi;
    :
    : When i use ShowMessage, MessageDlg, etc., the captions of the buttons of these utilities are always in English (OK, Cancel, etc.). Is there a solution for this?
    :
    : Thanx...
    :
    : : : Thanx zibadian, I checked what you said, but I also have some messages and output files to be translated.
    : : : Anyway, is there a disadvantage to keep all of the messages, label and form captions, etc. in an MS Access database table according to languages and load them when necessary?
    : : : Thanx,
    : : : _yilmaz
    : : : : : I have an application that is in English. How can i implement it most flexibly that when i want to introduce a new language, i won't have to change the .exe itself?
    : : : : :
    : : : : : That is, what is the widely accepted method to build language plugins?
    : : : : :
    : : : : The most used method is resource DLLs. The help files contain several pages about this, which can by found using the following string "languages:adding to a project" (Delphi 5 help). You can also find a demo on this in the "DemosRichedit" folder. Delphi can more or less automatically use this method with little to no coding on your part.
    : : There is not much of a disadvantage, except that you need to implement it. This might mean that you end up with a large if-then-else to type-cast the various controls.
    :
    :
    Those buttons are taken from the windows kernel. If you have a dutch windows it says: OK & Annuleren
    The solution it to build them yourself.