Using ShellAPI

[b][red]This message was edited by jamesb800 at 2005-3-1 18:21:34[/red][/b][hr]
[b][red]This message was edited by jamesb800 at 2005-3-1 18:18:54[/red][/b][hr]
Hello all....
I am using
[code]
ShellExecute(handle, 'open',(myapp.exe), Nil, Nil, SW_SHOWNORMAL);
[/code]
to open myapp.exe that resides in the root of myother app. My question is....how to get myapp.exe to load a file using the loadfile proc within it once it has been called by myother app?

Thanks

James

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by jamesb800 at 2005-3-1 18:21:34[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by jamesb800 at 2005-3-1 18:18:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hello all....
    : I am using
    : [code]
    : ShellExecute(handle, 'open',(myapp.exe), Nil, Nil, SW_SHOWNORMAL);
    : [/code]
    : to open myapp.exe that resides in the root of myother app. My question is....how to get myapp.exe to load a file using the loadfile proc within it once it has been called by myother app?
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    : James
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

Hi,

I am not shure what the problem is so here's 2 solutions that may relate.

1) You can Load your file when your MyApp.exe or MyOtherApp.exe starts (Which ever is suposed to open the file on creation)

2) If you want MyApp.exe to tell MyOtherApp.exe to open a File, you could use a socket connection or Windows Messaging.

with Window Messaging, you would have to register your custom message handle and then you would be able to send events between your 2 apps.

Theses are the solutions I know about, there may be more.

Good Luck

Tief.