scrabble help

Anyone got any ideas on designing and programming a scrabble game or any examples i could take a look at? cheers Kel x

Comments

• : Anyone got any ideas on designing and programming a scrabble game or any examples i could take a look at? cheers Kel x
    :
    I would start with the playing field, which is a 2D array of char. Then I would concentrate on the game loop for 2 players. Each player places one letter on the playing field by entering the coordinate and the letter. This he can repeat for a word. Finally the other player needs to validate the word. This will save you the trouble of creating a large words database. And finally the scoring, which only takes the letter values and adds them together.
    This is a very basic setup, with a very simple board. You can add multipliers and other special fields to the boards afterwards. You can also update your scoring for combinations of rare letters, etc. The players can also get a limited number of letters, which are divided randomly between them. But these are all things, which can be added in a later stage of the development.