The Greatest MMO EVER!!!

[b][red]This message was edited by Cameron1inm at 2005-2-28 15:14:41[/red][/b][hr]
Ok I'm joe blow smoe who happens to be sitting on the next generation MMO. I sat down and had a long chat with the VP of Cyan worlds...even made him sign a non-dislosure....problem is Cyan lost their but trying to turn myst into a MMO. He likes my Idea but doesn't want to try and break into mmo's again at this time...I'm now working with Art & Logic out of Glendale CA, They love the idea to!...But they need about 185,000 to get started.....So let us just assume I've got the GReatest MMO game Concept ever!!..just assume..Who in the world can I pitch it to that might have the vagest Idea on the type of revenue an MMO brings in and would be willing to invest in such and idea...If it was the Greatest MMO ever made..???? I've talked to angel investors...and investment firms ...but none are real comfrtable with the whole ..."GAME"...thing....

Comments

• No one will invest. 90% of MMO's/MMORPG fail and if you think you are sitting on the next generation of MMO without any experience you are sadly mistaken.

No credentials = no investment.

: [b][red]This message was edited by Cameron1inm at 2005-2-28 15:14:41[/red][/b][hr]
    : Ok I'm joe blow smoe who happens to be sitting on the next generation MMO. I sat down and had a long chat with the VP of Cyan worlds...even made him sign a non-dislosure....problem is Cyan lost their but trying to turn myst into a MMO. He likes my Idea but doesn't want to try and break into mmo's again at this time...I'm now working with Art & Logic out of Glendale CA, They love the idea to!...But they need about 185,000 to get started.....So let us just assume I've got the GReatest MMO game Concept ever!!..just assume..Who in the world can I pitch it to that might have the vagest Idea on the type of revenue an MMO brings in and would be willing to invest in such and idea...If it was the Greatest MMO ever made..???? I've talked to angel investors...and investment firms ...but none are real comfrtable with the whole ..."GAME"...thing....
    :
    :

• :That's a pretty poor attitude, I've been sitting down and talking with Art & Logic Inc. who absalutly loves my concept...but there business is programing not raising finances.....Further I've been developing this game for over a year...I wasn't asking for a negitive feed back on being new to the industry...what I was asking is....does any one know of a investment group or angel investor who are more geared towards the game industry....There isn't a person yet who I've sat down with for any length of time who has failed to see why my MMO has a substaintially better chance at producing profits were others haven't...If you are some one that can poteintially help me I have no probable with sending you a non-disclosure on acrobat..signing it...and showing you in depth why my MMO is "The GReatest MMO EVER!!!"

No one will invest. 90% of MMO's/MMORPG fail and if you think you are sitting on the next generation of MMO without any experience you are sadly mistaken.
    :
    : No credentials = no investment.
    :
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by Cameron1inm at 2005-2-28 15:14:41[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Ok I'm joe blow smoe who happens to be sitting on the next generation MMO. I sat down and had a long chat with the VP of Cyan worlds...even made him sign a non-dislosure....problem is Cyan lost their but trying to turn myst into a MMO. He likes my Idea but doesn't want to try and break into mmo's again at this time...I'm now working with Art & Logic out of Glendale CA, They love the idea to!...But they need about 185,000 to get started.....So let us just assume I've got the GReatest MMO game Concept ever!!..just assume..Who in the world can I pitch it to that might have the vagest Idea on the type of revenue an MMO brings in and would be willing to invest in such and idea...If it was the Greatest MMO ever made..???? I've talked to angel investors...and investment firms ...but none are real comfrtable with the whole ..."GAME"...thing....
    : :
    :
    :

• No its not poor attitude, its reality. There are no angel investors unless your mom or dad, sister or brother invests in you. Investors see profit, they don't understand good game, greatest game or bad game. If your game/ie you cannot propose a business plan that doesn't show profit then an investor obviously has no interest. However if you can formulate a business plan, you should have no problem getting a loan from the bank provided you have a collateral to pay. Lastly if you have no credentials, a publisher would rather spend money on someone who has experience living and working in the industry because he has pulled off a game before, chances are he can pull it off again.

: :That's a pretty poor attitude, I've been sitting down and talking with Art & Logic Inc. who absalutly loves my concept...but there business is programing not raising finances.....Further I've been developing this game for over a year...I wasn't asking for a negitive feed back on being new to the industry...what I was asking is....does any one know of a investment group or angel investor who are more geared towards the game industry....There isn't a person yet who I've sat down with for any length of time who has failed to see why my MMO has a substaintially better chance at producing profits were others haven't...If you are some one that can poteintially help me I have no probable with sending you a non-disclosure on acrobat..signing it...and showing you in depth why my MMO is "The GReatest MMO EVER!!!"
    :
    :
    :
    : No one will invest. 90% of MMO's/MMORPG fail and if you think you are sitting on the next generation of MMO without any experience you are sadly mistaken.
    : : No credentials = no investment.
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by Cameron1inm at 2005-2-28 15:14:41[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Ok I'm joe blow smoe who happens to be sitting on the next generation MMO. I sat down and had a long chat with the VP of Cyan worlds...even made him sign a non-dislosure....problem is Cyan lost their but trying to turn myst into a MMO. He likes my Idea but doesn't want to try and break into mmo's again at this time...I'm now working with Art & Logic out of Glendale CA, They love the idea to!...But they need about 185,000 to get started.....So let us just assume I've got the GReatest MMO game Concept ever!!..just assume..Who in the world can I pitch it to that might have the vagest Idea on the type of revenue an MMO brings in and would be willing to invest in such and idea...If it was the Greatest MMO ever made..???? I've talked to angel investors...and investment firms ...but none are real comfrtable with the whole ..."GAME"...thing....
    : : :
    :
    :

• First there are such things in the business world as "Angel" investors...These are people with privite money willing to back certain start up businesses in the early stage..I do have a business plan and it shows great profitablity....I'm looking for 185000 dollars to begin development. I've been working with Art & Logic Inc. a Software development company for months...But they don't do finiancing. They have already invested quite abit of there time doing profissional proposels on planning stages, development, and projections....But Let me ask you a question "gautam" How many games have you put to marjket? attempted to put to market...or succsefully put to market and showed a profit?...I'm just wondering why you would crusify any hope I might have at producing something very original....but then there our those people out there who can't believe any one is as creative and smart as them...especially if that person lacks any "Creditatials"...So please Gautam, if your have nothing benificial to say other then all the road blocks and other obsticals I'm trying to over come..I'm looking for helpful insight..

If anyone might have some....
    Cameron

: No its not poor attitude, its reality. There are no angel investors unless your mom or dad, sister or brother invests in you. Investors see profit, they don't understand good game, greatest game or bad game. If your game/ie you cannot propose a business plan that doesn't show profit then an investor obviously has no interest. However if you can formulate a business plan, you should have no problem getting a loan from the bank provided you have a collateral to pay. Lastly if you have no credentials, a publisher would rather spend money on someone who has experience living and working in the industry because he has pulled off a game before, chances are he can pull it off again.
    :
    : : :That's a pretty poor attitude, I've been sitting down and talking with Art & Logic Inc. who absalutly loves my concept...but there business is programing not raising finances.....Further I've been developing this game for over a year...I wasn't asking for a negitive feed back on being new to the industry...what I was asking is....does any one know of a investment group or angel investor who are more geared towards the game industry....There isn't a person yet who I've sat down with for any length of time who has failed to see why my MMO has a substaintially better chance at producing profits were others haven't...If you are some one that can poteintially help me I have no probable with sending you a non-disclosure on acrobat..signing it...and showing you in depth why my MMO is "The GReatest MMO EVER!!!"
    : : No one will invest. 90% of MMO's/MMORPG fail and if you think you are sitting on the next generation of MMO without any experience you are sadly mistaken.
    : : : No credentials = no investment.
    : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by Cameron1inm at 2005-2-28 15:14:41[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : Ok I'm joe blow smoe who happens to be sitting on the next generation MMO. I sat down and had a long chat with the VP of Cyan worlds...even made him sign a non-dislosure....problem is Cyan lost their but trying to turn myst into a MMO. He likes my Idea but doesn't want to try and break into mmo's again at this time...I'm now working with Art & Logic out of Glendale CA, They love the idea to!...But they need about 185,000 to get started.....So let us just assume I've got the GReatest MMO game Concept ever!!..just assume..Who in the world can I pitch it to that might have the vagest Idea on the type of revenue an MMO brings in and would be willing to invest in such and idea...If it was the Greatest MMO ever made..???? I've talked to angel investors...and investment firms ...but none are real comfrtable with the whole ..."GAME"...thing....
    : : : :
    :
    :

• [b][red]This message was edited by gautam at 2005-3-7 8:35:3[/red][/b][hr]
    Putting games into market - Never had to. I am a programmer, not a marketing man. My company took care of getting publishers/projects etc. I just gave them the product. Due to NDA's I cannot talk about them. But I have been inside and outside the gaming world. So I know how it works.

In todays world, no one is interested in ideas - they want results. So go with a 80% finished product, you will get somewhere.

Anyway reality stinks, but maybe your hope will get you where you want.

Good luck.

: First there are such things in the business world as "Angel" investors...These are people with privite money willing to back certain start up businesses in the early stage..I do have a business plan and it shows great profitablity....I'm looking for 185000 dollars to begin development. I've been working with Art & Logic Inc. a Software development company for months...But they don't do finiancing. They have already invested quite abit of there time doing profissional proposels on planning stages, development, and projections....But Let me ask you a question "gautam" How many games have you put to marjket? attempted to put to market...or succsefully put to market and showed a profit?...I'm just wondering why you would crusify any hope I might have at producing something very original....but then there our those people out there who can't believe any one is as creative and smart as them...especially if that person lacks any "Creditatials"...So please Gautam, if your have nothing benificial to say other then all the road blocks and other obsticals I'm trying to over come..I'm looking for helpful insight..
    :
    : If anyone might have some....
    : Cameron
    :
    :
    : : No its not poor attitude, its reality. There are no angel investors unless your mom or dad, sister or brother invests in you. Investors see profit, they don't understand good game, greatest game or bad game. If your game/ie you cannot propose a business plan that doesn't show profit then an investor obviously has no interest. However if you can formulate a business plan, you should have no problem getting a loan from the bank provided you have a collateral to pay. Lastly if you have no credentials, a publisher would rather spend money on someone who has experience living and working in the industry because he has pulled off a game before, chances are he can pull it off again.
    : : : :That's a pretty poor attitude, I've been sitting down and talking with Art & Logic Inc. who absalutly loves my concept...but there business is programing not raising finances.....Further I've been developing this game for over a year...I wasn't asking for a negitive feed back on being new to the industry...what I was asking is....does any one know of a investment group or angel investor who are more geared towards the game industry....There isn't a person yet who I've sat down with for any length of time who has failed to see why my MMO has a substaintially better chance at producing profits were others haven't...If you are some one that can poteintially help me I have no probable with sending you a non-disclosure on acrobat..signing it...and showing you in depth why my MMO is "The GReatest MMO EVER!!!"
    : : : No one will invest. 90% of MMO's/MMORPG fail and if you think you are sitting on the next generation of MMO without any experience you are sadly mistaken.
    : : : : No credentials = no investment.
    : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by Cameron1inm at 2005-2-28 15:14:41[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : Ok I'm joe blow smoe who happens to be sitting on the next generation MMO. I sat down and had a long chat with the VP of Cyan worlds...even made him sign a non-dislosure....problem is Cyan lost their but trying to turn myst into a MMO. He likes my Idea but doesn't want to try and break into mmo's again at this time...I'm now working with Art & Logic out of Glendale CA, They love the idea to!...But they need about 185,000 to get started.....So let us just assume I've got the GReatest MMO game Concept ever!!..just assume..Who in the world can I pitch it to that might have the vagest Idea on the type of revenue an MMO brings in and would be willing to invest in such and idea...If it was the Greatest MMO ever made..???? I've talked to angel investors...and investment firms ...but none are real comfrtable with the whole ..."GAME"...thing....
    : : : : :
    :
    :

• Thanks Gautam...and it is true that reality tends to suck...What if I could show you the math?...Show you why other MMO's are losing money and why mine will make money....It's not just that the game itself is fun...I'm sure alot of company's that went belly up trying to put a MMO to market have Fun games.....What if I can show you the reasons why MMOs are not making better money....I had a long conversation with the Vice President of Cyan Worlds ...the creators of Myst...He says that MMO's can generate large amounts of revenue ..but no one in particular is making any money....all that revenue goes to overhead...I didn't make a game and then try and decide how to make a profit ...I thought of the MMO market and thought "What would be the best way to make a profit" and developed the game around the profit concept.... I actually developed a first game based in the Fantasy genre' but ultimately redesigned it into a far newer and untapped game world scenario....The complexity, and the different levels of profitability are immense...Is it sure fire..no way...there are never any gaurantees...but if you take the market statistics...the market research...what Gamers want, how much time Gamers spend, How much money the average player spends...and apply them to my game...it Clicks....I'm all alone on the outside looking in...If I can get the right group of people together it could change our lives...Time so against me because this IS the next generation of MMO...It's were the industry has to evolve to survive...If I don't get this to market soon...I'm not sure what kind of edge I'll have...

Cameron

: [b][red]This message was edited by gautam at 2005-3-7 8:35:3[/red][/b][hr]
    : Putting games into market - Never had to. I am a programmer, not a marketing man. My company took care of getting publishers/projects etc. I just gave them the product. Due to NDA's I cannot talk about them. But I have been inside and outside the gaming world. So I know how it works.
    :
    : In todays world, no one is interested in ideas - they want results. So go with a 80% finished product, you will get somewhere.
    :
    : Anyway reality stinks, but maybe your hope will get you where you want.
    :
    : Good luck.
    :
    :
    : : First there are such things in the business world as "Angel" investors...These are people with privite money willing to back certain start up businesses in the early stage..I do have a business plan and it shows great profitablity....I'm looking for 185000 dollars to begin development. I've been working with Art & Logic Inc. a Software development company for months...But they don't do finiancing. They have already invested quite abit of there time doing profissional proposels on planning stages, development, and projections....But Let me ask you a question "gautam" How many games have you put to marjket? attempted to put to market...or succsefully put to market and showed a profit?...I'm just wondering why you would crusify any hope I might have at producing something very original....but then there our those people out there who can't believe any one is as creative and smart as them...especially if that person lacks any "Creditatials"...So please Gautam, if your have nothing benificial to say other then all the road blocks and other obsticals I'm trying to over come..I'm looking for helpful insight..
    : : If anyone might have some....
    : : Cameron
    : : : No its not poor attitude, its reality. There are no angel investors unless your mom or dad, sister or brother invests in you. Investors see profit, they don't understand good game, greatest game or bad game. If your game/ie you cannot propose a business plan that doesn't show profit then an investor obviously has no interest. However if you can formulate a business plan, you should have no problem getting a loan from the bank provided you have a collateral to pay. Lastly if you have no credentials, a publisher would rather spend money on someone who has experience living and working in the industry because he has pulled off a game before, chances are he can pull it off again.
    : : : : :That's a pretty poor attitude, I've been sitting down and talking with Art & Logic Inc. who absalutly loves my concept...but there business is programing not raising finances.....Further I've been developing this game for over a year...I wasn't asking for a negitive feed back on being new to the industry...what I was asking is....does any one know of a investment group or angel investor who are more geared towards the game industry....There isn't a person yet who I've sat down with for any length of time who has failed to see why my MMO has a substaintially better chance at producing profits were others haven't...If you are some one that can poteintially help me I have no probable with sending you a non-disclosure on acrobat..signing it...and showing you in depth why my MMO is "The GReatest MMO EVER!!!"
    : : : : No one will invest. 90% of MMO's/MMORPG fail and if you think you are sitting on the next generation of MMO without any experience you are sadly mistaken.
    : : : : : No credentials = no investment.
    : : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by Cameron1inm at 2005-2-28 15:14:41[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : Ok I'm joe blow smoe who happens to be sitting on the next generation MMO. I sat down and had a long chat with the VP of Cyan worlds...even made him sign a non-dislosure....problem is Cyan lost their but trying to turn myst into a MMO. He likes my Idea but doesn't want to try and break into mmo's again at this time...I'm now working with Art & Logic out of Glendale CA, They love the idea to!...But they need about 185,000 to get started.....So let us just assume I've got the GReatest MMO game Concept ever!!..just assume..Who in the world can I pitch it to that might have the vagest Idea on the type of revenue an MMO brings in and would be willing to invest in such and idea...If it was the Greatest MMO ever made..???? I've talked to angel investors...and investment firms ...but none are real comfrtable with the whole ..."GAME"...thing....
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : :
    :
    :