PREREQUISITE OF ASP??? helppppp!!!!!

hi...! im a graduating student and im just starting to learn asp. my problem is that i cant open an asp page on my computer. i already add the IIS from windows component and i already check all of its components. My Internet Explorer 6.0 cannot open even a simple asp page having a command like this:

<% response. write("hello")>

can anyone help me with this... i just need 2 finish my design project within this march.... thank you very much in advance!!!!

Comments

• : hi...! im a graduating student and im just starting to learn asp. my problem is that i cant open an asp page on my computer. i already add the IIS from windows component and i already check all of its components. My Internet Explorer 6.0 cannot open even a simple asp page having a command like this:
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : <% response. write("hello")>
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : can anyone help me with this... i just need 2 finish my design project within this march.... thank you very much in advance!!!!
    :

1.try close it as <%.....%>
    2.save the file inside: c:Inetpubwwwrootxxx.asp
    3.Open IE and type the address as: http://localhost/xxx.asp
    4.read any ASP book, ch1 and ch2

webkid
  • : : hi...! im a graduating student and im just starting to learn asp. my problem is that i cant open an asp page on my computer. i already add the IIS from windows component and i already check all of its components. My Internet Explorer 6.0 cannot open even a simple asp page having a command like this:
    : :
    : : <% response. write("hello")>
    : : can anyone help me with this... i just need 2 finish my design project within this march.... thank you very much in advance!!!!
    :
    :First of all u have not closed th asp delimiters tht is <%%>..where u ahve written the REsponse.write("hello") statement.
    After doing this..save this file for eg as hello.asp in the wwwroot directory of intetpub c" or d: drive .
    and then run this file in the internet explorer by typing http://localhost/hello.asp

and see if it works....

whenever u write any statement in asp it has to be written withing the delimiters.....

all the best
    Devayani