why c++?

why most of the world class products are developed in c++? what exactly is the c++ advantage? why not in any other language like perl?

Comments

• : why most of the world class products are developed in c++? what exactly is the c++ advantage? why not in any other language like perl?
    :

why not c++? why would anyone want to write a program in perl?
  • : : why most of the world class products are developed in c++? what exactly is the c++ advantage? why not in any other language like perl?
    : :
    :
    : why not c++? why would anyone want to write a program in perl?
    :
    Friends, I am really looking for a hardcore comparision rather than mockery..specific advantages in executing world class, sophistictaed, large projects in c++ to perl
  • : :
    : Friends, I am really looking for a hardcore comparision rather than mockery..specific advantages in executing world class, sophistictaed, large projects in c++ to perl
    :

probably because perl isn't robest enough for most programs. doesn't allow direct hardware access and programs don't execute fast enough.

suggestion: make a list of what you can NOT do with perl and you will probably have your answer.
  • I think it is because C++ gives programmers what they need. It provides programmers with a very flexible and easily interpereted language, which is extremely fast, and provides mostly portable programs. Programs like perl are just fine for low-performance apps like web-based games and the like, but they are mostly bytecode based languages, and thus lack some functionality and power.